Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2001 Z 440 Sno Pro that was a prior race sled. It was retired from its racing career after the 2002 season and it won many trophies for the wall. After that it was trail converted and rode all over Minnesota. It was rode every year all season until the the end of the 2009 riding season. After the year ended it was pulled back into the garage with a full tank of 91octane gasoline and there it sits. Has not even been turned over since it was last rode. Now that it has been 3 1/2yrs since the sled has moved an inch, what all should I do to get it ready to go on a couple small/medium rides the rest of this season?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Remove all gas replace with new. Clean all ports in carbs, grease all lube points on skid and front end, check for rodents in exhaust and airbox.

I would also replace spark plugs, replace oil with fresh (probably not needed but I would do it)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, nothing more than what i figured so thats good!...lol...would the jets in the carb need to be replaced? Or should they still be all good?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I would think they would still be good but if ya want you can replace them to be safe.

Also if there is one I would replace the fuel filter since it probably hasn't been done since it's racing days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts