Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got A front and rear Arctic cat bag at the salvage center where i live for ten bucks a peice . That 250 dollars worth of bags for 20 dollars . It seems a Gander mountain store somewhere flooded and this store i got the bags at bought the stock from the insurance company and were sellin them at 90 percent off

·
Registered
754 Posts
That is a great deal!! I've been wanting the front bag in Advantage Timber camo for a while now.I would pay $40 plus the shipping for just the one bag.Can you provide any contact info for this salvage center? Thanks a bunch......Randy.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
A 2.125" I.D. flexible collapse-proof wire reinforced (central vac) hose used as an intake snorkle for clutch & carbs, one each. The two hoses go straight up and the openings are inside the pod. Tested them this winter, they stay flexible and haven't cracked in temps down to almost -30C. To mount under the pod requires flexibility because turning the handlebars requires it. As far as snorkles go... This mod is pure STEALTH! Haven't done the clutch exhaust hose yet, that one's next. Might post pics this weekend... Or maybe not.

A horn, left hand push button mounted on the bars. Gotta 'BEEP BEEP' folks on the trails sometimes. Everyone I catch up to ride so darned slow and won't leave room to pass because they don't realize someone's behind. Many have mirrors, but for some reason never look behind so they can't know I'm there. A BEEP BEEP noise should work just fine. I should have a sign on the back of the ATV "Ride Fast! Or stay off MY trail!!!" ;) :lol:

Headlights. I mounted some bright 55w high-beams above the rad intake. I don't need them except for when the plow is mounted and I need to plow on Friday nights when I get home. The stock light beams are obstructed when the plow is all the way up. You can see the plow, and 40-50 feet ahead, but it leaves you guessing about what's directly in front of the ATV. The alternative might have been a transparent Lexan blade. :lol:

:chug:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
55w lights, mounted them on the small holes under the headlights
[attachment=67779:100_1305.JPG]

Side panels...
[attachment=67780:100_1302a.JPG]

hopefully tires will be next ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
brushguard and hand guards

·
Registered
140 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (A G @ Mar 30 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A 2.125" I.D. flexible collapse-proof wire reinforced (central vac) hose used as an intake snorkle for clutch & carbs, one each. The two hoses goes straight up and the openings are inside the pod. Tested them this winter, they stay flexible and haven't cracked in temps down to almost -30C. To mount under the pod requires flexibility. As far as snorkles go... This mod is pure STEALTH! Haven't done the clutch exhaust hose yet, that one's next. Might post pics this weekend... Or maybe not.

A horn, left hand push button mounted on the bars. Gotta 'BEEP BEEP' folks on the trails sometimes. Everyone I catch up to ride so darned slow and won't leave room to pass because they don't realize someone's behind. Many have mirrors, but for some reason never look behind so they can't know I'm there. A BEEP BEEP noise should work just fine. I should have a sign on the back of the ATV "Ride Fast! Or stay off MY trail!!!" ;) :lol:

Headlights. I mounted some bright 55w high-beams above the rad intake. I don't need them except for when the plow is mounted and I need to plow on Friday nights when I get home. The stock light beams are obstructed when the plow is all the way up. You can see the plow, and 40-50 feet ahead, but it leaves you guessing about what's directly in front of the ATV. The alternative might have been a transparent Lexan blade. :lol:

:chug:[/b]
now thats slick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can we get this thread pinned???

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
27" XTR's and Goodyear Gatorback belt

Green4004x4, Pretty slick with the lights :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Green4004x4 @ Mar 30 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
55w lights, mounted them on the small holes under the headlights
[attachment=67779:100_1305.JPG]

Side panels...
[attachment=67780:100_1302a.JPG]

hopefully tires will be next ...[/b]
How well do those lights shine from behind there

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZH1 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is a great deal!! I've been wanting the front bag in Advantage Timber camo for a while now.I would pay $40 plus the shipping for just the one bag.Can you provide any contact info for this salvage center? Thanks a bunch......Randy.[/b]
Sorry man but i got all they had. one of those deals where buy this stuff and stock the store with it and gradually reduce the price til it sells . They were at 90% off when i got them. I was in there before that and they had bumpers and all kind of stuff i wish i would have bought the bumpers.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for the input, M_.Maybe by the time I can afford one at the regular price, these bags will be waterproof vs resistant.Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Does adding a 400 & 500 Auto to my pride count? thumbguy :ridepride:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
M_trace1187

I don't know yet... LOL Just put them on... Walmart had them on clearance for $10.00 and the were around 2" just perfect for that little hole! I had to fab up a bracket but they are both adjustable... kinnda concerned with the stator output...it's not as high as the 500-700 cats... more worried about melting the plastic "grating" in front of them lights...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rugby3 @ Mar 30 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does adding a 400 & 500 Auto to my pride count? thumbguy :ridepride:[/b]

I don't know if anyone else will say so, but I think it counts, what better accessory for a V2 than a 400 and a 500? Now just about anyone can ride, huh? Congrats. man. Rockerdude
JD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Viper MX3000 winch as well as front fender camo bag and HT-Radio and external power source mount.
But the thing only has 30 miles on it. Give me some time for more goodies! Cat Dancin'

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kancoyote @ Mar 30 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rugby3 @ Mar 30 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does adding a 400 & 500 Auto to my pride count? thumbguy :ridepride:[/b]

I don't know if anyone else will say so, but I think it counts, what better accessory for a V2 than a 400 and a 500? Now just about anyone can ride, huh? Congrats. man. Rockerdude
JD
[/b][/quote]

They certainly work better than my winch at getting me outta things I shouldn't have gotten into slaphappy

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
front winch windshield and hand and thumb warmer highlifter rear springs. I almost forgot 25x10x12 mudlites all the way around on stock rims.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts