Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride up in Waiprous yesterday with a buddy of mine. He was riding a Can Am 1000 Max [2 up]. I was on my 700 H1 with Papa Slap clutching.

My buddy has been riding atv's for decades, and he goes FAST. I kept up to him pretty well, but he did have to wait for me to catch up to him every so often.

It's not like I didn't have more throttle to use, I just don't have the skills to go as fast as he does through the terrain.

So the good thing about yeterday's ride was the realization that my 700 has about as much throttle as I can handle... for the most part. [I think I'd still like a Can Am 800.]

An annoying thing about yesterday was that my power steering kept flashing PO635, and I'd have to stop and turn off the machine to reset it. We covered over 100 km yesterday in about 5 hours [including lunch and playing around]. Near the end of the day the PO635 would flash every 5-10 minutes after resetting it. The powersteering would still be working, but the pod would flash the code. It was happening so often that I eventually just started to ignore it, and just kept riding :Bangin:

My buddy was wearing a go-pro, and he made this video giving some shots of our ride, and some of our playing around/exploring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETslGXbF6Fo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No, the first part of the trail riding is NOT in fast forward on the video. We were really just going THAT FAST Rockerdude. [Well, I was just slightly slower]. Most of the time on the trails like that I was going about 60 kph. Sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit slower. There was no mud or anything like that to slow us down, as everything was frozen, so we just FLEW!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cool man, I was looking at going there next weekend. I just went to Mclean Creek on sunday, same conditions, really smooth trails with just the right amount of snow pack to go fast. I know those trails you're riding in the video (or close to it) I did lots of it on my Honda CR250 last year, they are pretty rocky and tons of mud once it warms up, enjoy the speed while you can!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts