Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wanting to know how wide the front and rear wheels are on an 05 500 AC?? I am looking at wheels but it seems everthing is 7" wide, but I thought the rear were wider then the front??

·
Registered
75 Posts
the front and rear rims have different back spacing, but they are 12x7 all the way around. if u look at the fronts, the have just a hair more dish to them.... as for the back spacing on the front and rears... i dont know, to be honest. I thought they where the exact same size too, when i was putting my new tires on this past weekend.... i had the rears on the front and the tires where rubbing the shock mounts. hope this helps bud :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm not sure about the 500, but on my 650 wheels the size is stamped on the wheel (12x6.5). I know that when I went to the ITP wheels the fronts were wider and the backs were narower than stock. the ITP wheels were ann 7 inches wide, they assured me there would be no trouble and so far so good with 1200 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was asking because I mounted my new Terra Cross tires with my brothers help and the rims in back were about 2 inches wider. I didn't think about getting the tape out and measuring till later. I would like to get some new wheels so I set my old tires up as spares but it seems that everyone sells 7" wide wheels for both the front and the back. They all just got me confused, so now I don't what to do I dunno

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Are the Terra's on the stock wheels??? Are you looking for aftermarket wheels for spares??? or are you looking at putting the Terra's on the new wheels and the stock tires on the stock rims

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I placed the terra's on the stock steel wheels and was going to put my old (300 miles) tires on the other rims for spares, unless I like the looks of the new rims. I just don't want to spend alot of cash on alloy wheels, my old wheels are the black steel type but I can't find black steel wheels except in 7" wide.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
you will be fine with 7 inch wide wheels all the way around. you could also try e-bay for used stock rims

1 - 7 of 7 Posts