Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 provided the opportunity to run in my new Arctic Cat Super Duty 700cc Diesel quad, the heir apparent to my 2007 Diesel (I still love Big-Red!).

In 1902, Richard Thelwell Maurice (pronounced Morris) set of with 4 men and 14 camels to cross the harsh, arid interior of Australia from south to north. Maurice funded the expedition himself and despite the harshest of conditions, he didn't lose a man, he shot no indigenous people, and he didn't need rescuing and as a result, his efforts went largely unnoticed. Our aim is to change this and recognise the man and his achievements by retracing his epic 2,500 km (1500 mile) journey across the harshest country our wide brown land has to offer.

In 2016, camels have been replace by Arctic Cats, but the difficulties remain the same, a misstep means serious trouble. There is no recourse out here and no easy repatriation. A snake bite or serious injury means certain death so vigilance, common sense and caution are paramount...just like the days of 1902 really!.

Any way, please enjoy the exploits of Larry, Johnno and myself (MickO) on the first leg of our Maurice retracing expedition aboard our legendary diesel cats!

P.S. Better grab a beer. It's long but worth the watching :lol:

https://vimeo.com/191929735

·
Administrator
35,821 Posts
Sweet ! What an adventure!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very well done. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Most current videos are dominated by loud music (if it can be called music). Your background music was just that - background music. And mostly fingerpicking guitar at that!! Love it!!

GC

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
ClapThat would have been a great trip to be on. Very good !!!!

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
What an adventure! Makes me even happier that I bought an Arctic Cat Diesel. Thank goodness you didn't decide to ride Polaris gas jobs, hehe. Could have been another hundred and fifteen years finding your bodies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts