Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It looks to good to be true. If so you have to add Yamacat to the forum.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arctic Cat Announces Engine and Co-Brand Agreements with Yamaha Motor Corporation

Combines Arctic Cat’s snowmobile chassis and suspension with leading 4-stroke engines; Gives Arctic Cat customers broader range of snowmobile engine choices

MINNEAPOLIS --
Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an engine supply agreement with Yamaha Motor Corporation, expanding Arctic Cat’s purchase of Yamaha snowmobile engines starting in the 2014 model year. Arctic Cat initially entered into an agreement to purchase Yamaha 123cc 4-stroke engines for its youth snowmobile in 2009. This agreement has now been expanded to include select 4-stroke engines from Yamaha.
Arctic Cat’s Snow Division Vice President and General Manager Brad Darling said, “The engine purchase agreement with Yamaha, combined with the engines that we plan to manufacture in house, will provide Arctic Cat’s customers with the most well-rounded engine choices when it comes to technology, reliability and horsepower.”
Arctic Cat’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Claude Jordan stated, “Our current Arctic Cat snowmobile chassis is renowned for its lightweight, bump control and precision handling. Combine that with the new performance engine options from Yamaha, as well as our state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and we guarantee there will be exciting years ahead for Arctic Cat enthusiasts.”

In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications. This agreement began in 2012, with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile, and now will include full-size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines.
“We are pleased that our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and with the opportunities ahead for both companies,” added Jordan. “Going forward, we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”
Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.arcticcat.com.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
its on yamaha website. I might have to buy a new sled now. Hopefully cat has their own version of it. Good buy suzcat hello yamacat

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Arctic Cat Announces Engine and Co-Brand Agreements with Yamaha Motor Corporation

Combines Arctic Cat’s snowmobile chassis and suspension with leading 4-stroke engines; Gives Arctic Cat customers broader range of snowmobile engine choices

MINNEAPOLIS --
Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an engine supply agreement with Yamaha Motor Corporation, expanding Arctic Cat’s purchase of Yamaha snowmobile engines starting in the 2014 model year. Arctic Cat initially entered into an agreement to purchase Yamaha 123cc 4-stroke engines for its youth snowmobile in 2009. This agreement has now been expanded to include select 4-stroke engines from Yamaha.
Arctic Cat’s Snow Division Vice President and General Manager Brad Darling said, “The engine purchase agreement with Yamaha, combined with the engines that we plan to manufacture in house, will provide Arctic Cat’s customers with the most well-rounded engine choices when it comes to technology, reliability and horsepower.”
Arctic Cat’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Claude Jordan stated, “Our current Arctic Cat snowmobile chassis is renowned for its lightweight, bump control and precision handling. Combine that with the new performance engine options from Yamaha, as well as our state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and we guarantee there will be exciting years ahead for Arctic Cat enthusiasts.”

In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications. This agreement began in 2012, with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile, and now will include full-size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines.
“We are pleased that our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and with the opportunities ahead for both companies,” added Jordan. “Going forward, we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”
Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.arcticcat.com.
Well there goes the rock solid reliability yammy is known for. :lol:

Looks to me to be nothing more than a blue Cat with a yammy engine. It even comes with the pathetic little belt bag rivited to the tunnel.

If Cat is going to be getting some 4 stroke engines from yammy will you be able to get the same sled just from Cat instead of yammy and in green instead of blue? I dunno Seems like buying a Chevy or GMC. Well not exactly the same, both of those are a POS. LMAO

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Not a damn thing wrong with the Suzuki engines, the rest of the sled is a different story. :lol:

yep today the Heritage of yamaha snowmobiles just died. They are now just a snowmobile and not a yamaha. The cats are still cats with a different engine as arctic cat has used many different engine suppliers over the years. And their is nothing wrong with zukie, they are what got out of the dark days. Maybe the yamaha engine is the missing part to making the procross a sturdy sled. Maybe cat designed the procross using the yamaha engine as the anchor of the chassis and 1/2 ass mounted the suzuki knowing they only had to have it for 2 years vs trying to re engineer it for the yamaha engine?? shame on them if they did.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yep today the Heritage of yamaha snowmobiles just died. They are now just a snowmobile and not a yamaha. The cats are still cats with a different engine as arctic cat has used many different engine suppliers over the years. And their is nothing wrong with zukie, they are what got out of the dark days. Maybe the yamaha engine is the missing part to making the procross a sturdy sled. Maybe cat designed the procross using the yamaha engine as the anchor of the chassis and 1/2 ass mounted the suzuki knowing they only had to have it for 2 years vs trying to re engineer it for the yamaha engine?? shame on them if they did.
You might be right on that, they new this Yami deal was coming and they neglected some things with the current Procross.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I see nothing bad coming from this. I rode all 4 versions today
SR VIPER XTX SE 141 cobra track float shocks
SR VIPER LTX SE 137 ripsaw 2 floats
SR VIPER RTX SE 129 ripsaw 2 floats
SR VIPER 129 ripsaw 2 coilovers

Best ride goes to the SR 129. Stiffer ride on the fox float equipped sleds.
Ripsaw 2 hooked awesome on pack and loose snow.
LTX was the better sled overall.

Yamaha's fit and finish has always been superior. It will be interesting to see the long term reliability of the chassis.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
I've ways felt that what you pay for these sleds the fit and finish could be better.

Good report.. What was overall feeling about the sled from the crowd?

My buddy hates the process on a demo tour last year but is all about it now that its in blue.. Lame. :lol:

·
Banned
122 Posts
I am curious if they actually designed the procross around the yami motor and made the suzuki motor fit "for now" and that is where all the problems are comeing from. Honestly if all the caats go to yami motors Im jumpin ship. To me it would seem very shady that they would do that and you may have issues finding parts down the road on a two year production sled. Maybe im paranoid and maybe imjust pissed about the ugly blue stepchild mom and dad just brought home. Arent we all going to be pissed if the supercharge some of those yami sleds and beat out our sled.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
I see nothing bad coming from this. I rode all 4 versions today
SR VIPER XTX SE 141 cobra track float shocks
SR VIPER LTX SE 137 ripsaw 2 floats
SR VIPER RTX SE 129 ripsaw 2 floats
SR VIPER 129 ripsaw 2 coilovers

Best ride goes to the SR 129. Stiffer ride on the fox float equipped sleds.
Ripsaw 2 hooked awesome on pack and loose snow.
LTX was the better sled overall.

Yamaha's fit and finish has always been superior. It will be interesting to see the long term reliability of the chassis.

how was the power of that sled?? when the cat-a-ha version comes out I might have to get one. Its right in the power range I want for a trail sled.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I got to see undernood pics somewhere i think on hcs. You can see they had to change quite a few of the tubes and such to make the motor fit. I dont for one second believe they had this in mind at the origination of the procross. There is nothing wrong with the current engines, but a yamaha triple might jst be what the dr ordered. A 4-stroke triple is much smoother than a 4-stroke twin any day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree shame on them if that's what they did!!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The yammie motor is hands down better than the cat 1100
Low end engagement strong pull all the way to 90 on the speedo

Everyone loved it. Even a few cat owners said it was better than their cat.

Why jump ship? It's a Yamaha not a cat.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts