Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my air intake and was wondering if anyone has done this?
Does it turn counterclockwise and out?

Has anyone changed their y pipe to d and d or speedwerx?
Was there a mojor difference?

What about muffler replacement for reduced weight?
Any success with good sound? Thinking about MBRP

Anybody changed to tuned pipe and muffler with any success?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
128 Posts
D&D Y-Pipe, BMP Stealth Pipe, Bullseyes, and of course a boondocker. BIG BIG difference. Didn't get a chance to play with clutching, but I'm going to get 73gr wieghts to start should bring down the rpm's I hope to 7600 or so. Was turning just over 8000 with the mods.

What do you mean does it turn out counterclockwise?

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (craneguy @ Apr 20 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am changing my air intake and was wondering if anyone has done this?
Does it turn counterclockwise and out?[/b]

It's a snap fit to assemble. To install it, there's 4-5 tabs that fit down into releif cuts in the airbox, then it turns about 30 degrees to snap into place. To remove it you may need to take the airbox off so that you can push the detents out of the way. Or you might be able to just just rotate it and it may push past the detents but I haven't done it. Pulling your airbox off only takes a couple of minutes.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Yea, it just pops out with a little turn and some force....no worries! On another note, I've got a Speedwerx single and y-pipe with an MBRP can on the way..........you guys have any ideas what kind of numbers i should be running on my boondocker?

Cheers,
Mael

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bikeman and D&D Racing have starting points posted on thier web site. If you e mail Speedworks and tell them what you have on your sled they'll give you starting numbers as well. Don't forget to give them your elivation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sort of an open ended question.... How much of this "type" of performance modification can be done w/o having to run premium fuel?

Clutching is obvious, but what may be the best mods and yet avoid the premium fuel requirement?

·
Registered
128 Posts
D&D Racing recommends 92+ octane with just their y pipe on the 1000 don't know about the 800.

·
Banned
488 Posts
I just installed my Speedwerx single, y-pipe and mbrp can today, boonbox hasn't come in yet but my buddy who builds mods said f*&k it, it'll be alright.....rode all day at sea-level on pump gas! Not one problem.... although I'm sure the box will improve the curve alot.....She's wicked now, but definitely have to throw the 77g's in the clutch.

Cheers,
Mael

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Apr 22 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just installed my Speedwerx single, y-pipe and mbrp can today, boonbox hasn't come in yet but my buddy who builds mods said f*&k it, it'll be alright.....rode all day at sea-level on pump gas! Not one problem.... although I'm sure the box will improve the curve alot.....She's wicked now, but definitely have to throw the 77g's in the clutch.

Cheers,
Mael[/b]
What are the wieghts stock on a XF8? What RPM's were you pulling at WOT?

·
Super Moderator
9,278 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Apr 24 2007, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
75's stock at 0-5000. Running well over 8000 with them, should be about 7800 for peak performance i think? Sound good? or no.......[/b]
Yep on the 75s. I was running 8160 peak on the tach. 77s brought it down about 200rpm still a bit high, but the pull was better and it did make the clutch work better. Gave a little more top end and more mid pull.

·
Banned
488 Posts
Awesome! Would you recommend 78's then? Or even heavier? They were suggested to me at the time i got the 77's but the guy had none in stock......fookin spring inventory.....

Cheers,
Mael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts