Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found 4 leftover Xfire 700 (orange ) for 6599.00 each just wondering if this was a good price? or could it be better with the winter we NOT having here in PA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In MI I paid $6500.00 OTD in Nov. :super_happy: I only got 60 miles on it now due to very late snow bang your head but I like it. :tongue_nana: :super_happy:

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
D&D is advertising on their website 06 XF-7 standard with their clutch kit installed $5850.00

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 25 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
D&D is advertising on their website 06 XF-7 standard with their clutch kit installed $5850.00[/b]

I wonder if thats in the NY or Can. or doesn't it matter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heinens in Osseo, MN is selling 06 Crossfire 700 for $5899 and 600's for $5399. Best pricing I have seen so far. Know a few people who have bought from them and I am told they are a great dealer to work with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
After sitting on one on Friday afternoon, I was convinced I should find a good deal on a leftover 06 instead of waiting til spring to snowcheck a new F8 like I had planned. I have a few quote requests in but found this site that has prices listed. Crossfire 7 going for $5749.
http://www.shiawasseesports.com/snow-a.html
I'm sure there is set-up charge that goes on top of it.
If anyone knows a better deal, in Michigan, pipe-up as I think I'm going to pick one up in the next couple weeks. Now there is some snow, I've got the fever again!

BA

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just bought mine from from that place a couple weeks ago. I don't need to mention the name or place. We all know. Sno Pro model for 6599. I should have dickered the price. I heard from my local dealer that they picked them up for $6200 and are still getting an $800 rebate after the sale is made. I know a guy that got a XF-6 for $5500 out the door when they're asking $5299. My XF-7 SP came to over $7100 out the door.

My dealer couldn't touch the price. They even tried to transfer one so I could buy it through them. The other dealer in question wanted $7400 for the transfer because they wouldn't get the huge rebate after sale. They are still making alot of money selling them for those prices. Arctic Cat is the one taking the loss.

I want to be very clear that this is only what I've heard.

If i were to do it again, I'd offer $6600 out the door. They're not losing a dime.

·
Registered
228 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (duluth141m7 @ Jan 31 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If i were to do it again, I'd offer $6600 out the door. They're not losing a dime.[/b]
You sound disappointed. Would you be more satisfied with the price you paid for your sled if you knew they were loosing money? Do you bring your boss a check every week?

They take the financial risk to buy a boatload of these things, pay finance charges on the money, pay people to set them up, have them shipped in (setup and freight is included in their price), maintain a facility for you to come in & buy the thing, do all the necessary paperwork, answer all our questions and just put up with us customers in general, etc. That stuff all costs money. I bought mine there, had a great experience, got a great price, and I'm very satisfied. My local dealer could't come close to their price, either. They had the guts to buy up a whole fleet of left over CF's from Cat & should perhaps make a little money for selling them. I hope they made a ****load of money on my sale; I need them to be around when I need something in the future. No profit, no dealers, it's the most simple economic principle immaginable. Enough dealers have already gone out of business, my former "favorite dealer" included, because, well, he was selling his stuff too cheap. He finally just got sick of it and said the heck with it, and I can't blame him. I know the profit for most dealers is supposedly on parts and service; these seem to be generally the dealers that go very lean on new inventory and never seem to have deep discounts on year old sleds. If it weren't for the dealer you're referring to, many of us would have spent a lot more for our sleds. My local dealer wanted $765 more for the hold over Crossfire he had on hand; I would have paid a couple hundred to give him the business but this was so far off that it was pointless to try. I will still give them all my service & accessories business, and they're perfectly happy with that.

I have no personal association with the dealer with the good deals on Crossfires other than going in there three times and getting an awesome deal on a sled; nor do I have anything to do with the snowmobile business other than spending too much money on it in general.

I think we should be THANKING them for what they have done to save us money. Your dealer could have bought all those sleds (cheap) from Cat too, but he didn't...

·
Registered
171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JaySond @ Feb 1 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (duluth141m7 @ Jan 31 2007, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If i were to do it again, I'd offer $6600 out the door. They're not losing a dime.[/b]
You sound disappointed. Would you be more satisfied with the price you paid for your sled if you knew they were loosing money? Do you bring your boss a check every week?

They take the financial risk to buy a boatload of these things, pay finance charges on the money, pay people to set them up, have them shipped in (setup and freight is included in their price), maintain a facility for you to come in & buy the thing, do all the necessary paperwork, answer all our questions and just put up with us customers in general, etc. That stuff all costs money. I bought mine there, had a great experience, got a great price, and I'm very satisfied. My local dealer could't come close to their price, either. They had the guts to buy up a whole fleet of left over CF's from Cat & should perhaps make a little money for selling them. I hope they made a ****load of money on my sale; I need them to be around when I need something in the future. No profit, no dealers, it's the most simple economic principle immaginable. Enough dealers have already gone out of business, my former "favorite dealer" included, because, well, he was selling his stuff too cheap. He finally just got sick of it and said the heck with it, and I can't blame him. I know the profit for most dealers is supposedly on parts and service; these seem to be generally the dealers that go very lean on new inventory and never seem to have deep discounts on year old sleds. If it weren't for the dealer you're referring to, many of us would have spent a lot more for our sleds. My local dealer wanted $765 more for the hold over Crossfire he had on hand; I would have paid a couple hundred to give him the business but this was so far off that it was pointless to try. I will still give them all my service & accessories business, and they're perfectly happy with that.

I have no personal association with the dealer with the good deals on Crossfires other than going in there three times and getting an awesome deal on a sled; nor do I have anything to do with the snowmobile business other than spending too much money on it in general.

I think we should be THANKING them for what they have done to save us money. Your dealer could have bought all those sleds (cheap) from Cat too, but he didn't...
[/b][/quote]

A F$%#ing Men! :chug:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was only trying to say that it would be easy to save a few hundred bucks talking down the price. That's never a bad thing. I didn't even bother to dicker the price because I knew I was getting a great deal. I expect the dealer to make some money, obviously, but I didn't realize how much it was. I was laughing all the way home with my new sled while the dealer was laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm a big fan of keeping the business in the local economy, but that dealer was unwilling to work with mine so I could buy locally. They essentially wanted $1200 just to transfer the sled to my dealer for whatever reasons. That's kinda ridiculous in my book. What does a guy do? He buys the sled and hopes his local dealer still treats him right. I got lucky, I guess.

It definately a great price on that sled, but it could've been better. My only complaint is that the steering linkage recall is supposed to be done on all 2006's before they leave the dealer. It wasn't done on mine, but my local dealer is taking care of it for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heinen's in Osseo, MN is selling 06 XF-7's for $5899 and will ship anywhere in the US for $150

1 - 15 of 15 Posts