Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the premix is done and on to straight gas in the tank. I believe my low rpm loading up problem was caused by the premix as after half of a tank of straight gas I have not experienced loading up at low rpm's or idle. Still the same plugs as I am going to run 2 tanks of straight before changing them. At 130 miles the sled and motor are loosening up nicely. Acceleration is awsome 20 to 75mph hang on. I let a rev pass me and decided it was time to see what the sled would do. We went through a ripped up strech for about 1 mile and Iwas right on his a**.( fox floats -awsome- 65lbs.,suck up bumps -cushioned ride through the bumps :super_happy: )( rear suspension-sring set at 2-firm but cushionedride. centershock- did not bottom and hit some nasty bumps at 75mph).(motor-arm stretching acceleration as stated earlier,smooth after idle but vibrates pretty good at idle). I felt a small vibration at 65 but it disappeared at70. I may look into the 6.38 wheels.Checking belt deflection and track tension today as riding for me is done until the New Years sledders are gone (too many b. morgans out there). :devil_angry: I am overall completely satisfied with this sled and am hoping to put on a lot more miles this year. Sorry for the long sentence as I'm new to typing and will have to have the wife help me on setting paragraphs and lists and such . Anyhow safe sledding to all and be safe out there. :site:

·
Banned
488 Posts
I couldn't agree more myself man. I've got about 250 miles on mine now and the power just seems to keep on coming....literally! After my C&A Razors come in I'll be tweeking the suspension and chassis a bit due to the lack of steering ability during "take off." LOL. Otherwise I think I'm falling in love all over again....LMFAO. Really though, so impressed with this machine it's not even funny.

Mael

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmurray914 . I'm from the Houghton area. We had about 6 to 10" on the ground up to yesterday. Yesterday temps were mid thirties and I'm sure the trails are all snirt by now(lots of sledders ripping them up).South Range to Mass City had rideable snow. Malestrom-keep me informed of your'e results on take off steering . These sleds transfer weight to the rear skid fast which will be excellant for me as I bought this sled more for off trail than on. Also forgot to mention in my last post. The intense track hooks up awsomely on the trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts