Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

xf7sp vs rev renegade 800....

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DamageInc 
#1 ·
i raced a freind with an 800 rev x renegade and he has piped,pistons,head,clutching..etc...that was dyno tuned to almost 165hp. he has a 1.75 track.he outweighs me by about 100lbs...here how it went...dead even out of the hole and by the end of the 1/4 i had him by 8 lengths my freinds say..i am very impressed with my xf7

#2 ·
No suprises here! They are an awesome sled. :beer_cheers:

#4 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Mar 6 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know that the stock 800 gade is a pooch, most 600's can beat them, but if his is really making 165hp he better go back and do some better clutching or somethin. Glad to hear that you wasted him, I beat that was fun.[/b]
I agree, he should have won with a true 165hp.

They are slow, but not that slow.

#7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigblock2stroke @ Mar 6 2007, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Mar 6 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that the stock 800 gade is a pooch, most 600's can beat them, but if his is really making 165hp he better go back and do some better clutching or somethin. Glad to hear that you wasted him, I beat that was fun.[/b]
I agree, he should have won with a true 165hp.

They are slow, but not that slow.
[/b][/quote]

He said that his buddy weighs 100 pounds more. That will make all the difference in the world, for a drag race. 25 horse is not quite enough to cover that extra 100 pounds. :chug:

#8 ·
its true that weight makes a difference i know in drag racing cars(another hobby of mine) they say every 100lbs.is a 1/10th of a second at the other end...and i would have thought that with the 1.75 track he would have killed me out of the hole...and by the way my xfire went places that his renegade got buried....

#10 ·
576 pound sled (aprox wet weight of C7) with 140 horse and 175 pound rider would be .186 horsepower per pound.

597 pound sled (aprox wet weight of Ren800) with 165 horse and 275 pound rider would be .193 horsepower per pound.

Close enough that clutching and traction should decide the winner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.