Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i have to post this, that there are sleds with no issues, hit the 1500 mile mark with absolutely zero issues, i am very pleased with this sled, hyfax are still like new and no icing issues, same belt, cant say enough after seeing others with several problems, makes me wonder if most problems are from the factory or the dealer set up

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fastcat5, you are an oasis in a desert for some of us that read/ check these forums and are holding our breath on every click of the odometer as we ride. All the doom n gloom creates a lot of apprehension. Keep the good news coming as I will refrain from mentioning my mileage so far without issue for fear of "tempting fate"....keep it goin Faster5!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Over 1700 miles on mine and love it. Went through 5 083 belts in the first 1200 miles, with 250 of them at Togwotee, now run 084 with no problems and 150 miles at Togwotee, got the 13' tunnel, and changed a voltage regulator. love the sled here and out west, had some first year glitches, not many stock 800's run with it in 500ft and the 1.6 cobra did very well in the powder. Can't say enough about it

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 xf 800 is a great ride

got 900 hard miles no problems, but i did up grade to the 2013 tunnel cuz it was cheap, and it was icing up bad. for what this sled is made for [ crossover] it is awesome! low geared power house that rides great, first sled that ive not clutched, its the perfect sled for me......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great info, upgrading from 06 Crossfire 700. Looking at left over 2013 XF 800 Sno Pro or the new El Tigre.
Rode the YamaCat Viper's at Demo ride today, awsome sled's but not the same as a Cat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
got 900 hard miles no problems, but i did up grade to the 2013 tunnel cuz it was cheap, and it was icing up bad. for what this sled is made for [ crossover] it is awesome! low geared power house that rides great, first sled that ive not clutched, its the perfect sled for me......
I am looking at buying a 12 or 13 XF800, what does the tunnel update do/help? Just hope mine is not a lemon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Less ice build up, and won't kink across the top. I really never had an icing problem with mine when I rode hard, had it ice up once and rub the track on the outside edges once when just driving it like a 370 fan. Mine kinked on the top and was warrantied. I don't think the kink would affect the functionality of the tunnel just looks like hell

·
Registered
8 Posts
the 2013 tunnel is also about 4 in shorter, it also moves your heat exchanger up flat to the tunnel, great for tail walkin, and way less icing probs, just had mine in Canada in 4 ft snow and slushy lakes nuttin could touch it, rock on arctic cat!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i never did an update on the tunnel, and have not had any real bad icing problems, i do agree it holds alot of snow under the tunnel which helps with colling and only one time rubbing on my track when it was like -10 F. but there is no wear on my track edges and im happy i gout out 1 more time last weekend to my cabin where the snow was 2-4' deep and it was an absolute blast on the xf, season total miles hit 2435 with no problems, i never did anything to it, i think its time to change the oil out though and check the track.Rockerdude

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Procross sleds aren't that far from being good sleds but it's pretty well documented that clutches, gearing, jackshaft, tunnel icing, and other small issues have affected a lot of owners. The tunnel update does very little to control icing - I've still removed iceburgs from mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For myself i prefer the light weight 2 cycle power, and the 4 strokes sound like lawn mowers . i like a sled i can throw around, those big 4 four strokes in my opinion are grocery getters. Throw a little money at a 800 and run right with that tutbo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All of wich were updates or dealer incompitance like my spelling ha ha, and i get half the ice burgs since update. All sleds like these will have some build up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
couple questions for you 800 guys incase i have to get the 800

how far can you go on a tank of gas?

how many tanks can you go on a jug of oil?
I have an 800 high country so 2 1/4" track. If I am riding 70% trail and 30% of trail powder I get about 100-120 miles on a tank. Depends on how & where you ride and how you like to use the throttle. No different than the Polaris I run with for, sometimes a little bit better than them.

I didn't really pay attention to oil but I think 450 miles per 4 L jug. I top mine off at the end of each day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts