Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a big project. Every bolt,rivet and screw removed. Powder coating done and starting reassembly.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More photos of progress.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And more...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What it did look like after 2 seasons racing...

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
looking good. Do you have adding a set of 2009 and up 600 rear shocks to it on it you list?? I put a set in my 500 and what difference. It stabilized the sled so much. I bet you could pick up a good 10+ mph in the rough chop just by doing that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are going ELKA stage 5 all around on both race sleds. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So just some more info on the build. Suspension will be ELKA stage 5 all around on both race sleds, traction is Stud Boy power points with pro lite backers (Thanks Danielle and Ron Pattyn), speedwerx timing keys and clutch kits in both sleds, C&A XTX skis, running the 600 race belt (sticky), both sleds have the toe hook kits, ODI grips, Larson racing billet brake levers, TEAM industries support for helixes, stomp grip seat covers and clear 12 gallon tanks (pain in the ass that is..but worth it!). Thanks to sponsors like Arctic Cat, TEAM industries, C&A pro skis, Stud Boy, Transcona Trailers Arctic Cat, ELKA suspension

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More progress. Motor is in. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
So just some more info on the build. Suspension will be ELKA stage 5 all around on both race sleds, traction is Stud Boy power points with pro lite backers (Thanks Danielle and Ron Pattyn), speedwerx timing keys and clutch kits in both sleds, C&A XTX skis, running the 600 race belt (sticky), both sleds have the toe hook kits, ODI grips, Larson racing billet brake levers, TEAM industries support for helixes, stomp grip seat covers and clear 12 gallon tanks (pain in the ass that is..but worth it!). Thanks to sponsors like Arctic Cat, TEAM industries, C&A pro skis, Stud Boy, Transcona Trailers Arctic Cat, ELKA suspension

awesome.. should be a good runner.. How did you get the fuel pump into the clear tank???? This has my wheels turning now. haha

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greg, the second picture in the first post, you can see the fuel pump flange that I cut out of the stock tank. Had to cut off the old tank parts that were sealed to the flange carefully and then cut the new tank to match the flange. Used some JB Plastic gas tank epoxy and done. Works like a charm!

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
Greg, the second picture in the first post, you can see the fuel pump flange that I cut out of the stock tank. Had to cut off the old tank parts that were sealed to the flange carefully and then cut the new tank to match the flange. Used some JB Plastic gas tank epoxy and done. Works like a charm!

I thought that was what you did. looks good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She is going to be 15 when the season starts. Last year was her first season....ended up 3rd overall in points. I was a proud Dad! My son who is 12 also races and has been since age 7. You can watch their races on www.YouTube.com/jpringle6972
GoPro cameras are great! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Reeds, throttle bodies, y-pipe, bars and cables done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. I need to post soon. Lots more done and I have our PDF for this seasons wrap. Will post ASAP

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Use shocks off a 2009-2011 cross country son pro 600 race sled. If you are not picky (what I ended up doing) use the shocks from a 2008 sno pro 600 and revolve. Cheaper.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brand new fox pro x (both for $450) and a revalve for $45 per. Picture of shocks installed in skid SP500

Attachments

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.