Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am going to check my lower engine mount for my worsening vibration as the dealer found nothing wrong and said it was normal, even though it was not vibrating at all. They could not tell me why I keep fouling 1 plug on the top of the brake side, I'm on my 5th one in this spot. The plug wire resistance is same as other 3 wires and the coils seems to be working.

I just tuned my oil down 1 full turn as I was at 30:1.

My y-pipe connection to my exhaust pipe is spewing oil all over my motor, and my dealer's mechanic had the nerve to say that it was normal, as it idles!! I call BS but has anyone had this happen? Any advice?

I came to this cat from a yamaha and I do love it, but not the current problems.
This is a geat forum and it is nice to see every one help out.

What do they do for the rich fuel idle?

I do have the back fire but no melted plastic. I did notice if I let it idle down for 30 seconds or so, it fires up well with no back fire.

How are the orange guys cleaning the black plastic from the exhaust?

Has anyone tried the speedwerx billet air intake?
How does the D&D y pipe work?

Thanks gang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was going to install my speedwerx intake but do I turn the factory one to get it out?
clockwise or counterclockwise?

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts
Find a different dealer. The motor mounts are an easy fix. The idle rich mixture will be fixed for the 08s. Get the update. One plug on the mag side is odd, they both fire at the same time.

Spewing oil? The vibration could be causing the pipe to leak on the connection to the Y pipe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Talked with dealer and mechanic last week, told me CAT has new fuel mapping coming out midsummer for us 07 guys. Hopefully it will solve the flame issues.
Try CAT cleaner for the exhaust residue (use a brush to remove stubborn spots). You're dealer should have this in stock. Also when done spray PAM on the bellypan (it makes clean up easier next time). Pledge also works after cleanup.
Be careful on the oil rod adjustment as I believe CAT will consider this a modification and will possibly void you're warranty. They will be able to tell if you have done this.
My .02$

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (craneguy @ Apr 3 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I am going to check my lower engine mount for my worsening vibration as the dealer found nothing wrong and said it was normal, even though it was not vibrating at all. They could not tell me why I keep fouling 1 plug on the top of the brake side, I'm on my 5th one in this spot. The plug wire resistance is same as other 3 wires and the coils seems to be working.

I just tuned my oil down 1 full turn as I was at 30:1.

My y-pipe connection to my exhaust pipe is spewing oil all over my motor, and my dealer's mechanic had the nerve to say that it was normal, as it idles!! I call BS but has anyone had this happen? Any advice?

I came to this cat from a yamaha and I do love it, but not the current problems.
This is a geat forum and it is nice to see every one help out.

What do they do for the rich fuel idle?

I do have the back fire but no melted plastic. I did notice if I let it idle down for 30 seconds or so, it fires up well with no back fire.

How are the orange guys cleaning the black plastic from the exhaust?

Has anyone tried the speedwerx billet air intake?
How does the D&D y pipe work?

Thanks gang.[/b]

If you figure out the vibration issue, please let us know!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bend Drive shaft,
track unblanaced
bad bearings in DD
Bad bearing on Break side
loose engine mounts
unaligned track
Bent Slide Rails
broken idler wheels or bad bearings
Twisted chassis

Here are somethings that I would check If I had vibration.

I'm curious would an unblanced crank shaft run? If so I would think is would cause a vibration as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i am also very fustrated with my dealer i droped my sled off march 14th and now it is april 3 and still nothing fixed. I called my old dealer in newfoundland he said they have been having problems with the injectors that have been causing problems starting, back fireing and fouling plugs. i'm going to check on my sled right now and tell them what the other dealer has said. don't know if this will help but may be worth checking out. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also forgot to mention. If the problem(vibration) is at idle which mine was it is probably the front motor mount.
I discovered mine when I had the skid pan off to fix a simple problem. It's hard to see from the top between the y pipe- fuel rails. One way to see if this is you're problem is to start it up and with you're hand push down on the recoil cover. If vibration lessens it is more than likely the mount.
Mine started out small and got progressively worse as I rode.
MY dealer fixed mine and favoritos plus Carl the mech. said he also fixed others besides ours.
Good luck and hope you get it figured out.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
same plug every time points to a bad cap/wire combo, it's possible that a wire can read correct ohms, but still be bad (ohms testing has approx 95% accuracy ratio when an item tests ''good''),, ie,, test 100 coils that all read ''good'' and guaranteed approx 4-8 will actually be bad under actual ''working conditions''

the factory ''load testers'' that they hook the individual parts on and simulate operating conditions to find breakdown with are the far more fool proof way to test with, but like said,, 95% is still pretty good, just if something tests good, do not always assume it's definitely perfect, as it may not be under working conditions,,,,,, now if something reads ''bad'' you can take that to the bank!!!!,, it's bad!

get more checked out, sounds like an issue under ''running conditions''

while i'm at it,, get another dealer, they sound like they have no clue on what to test next I dunno

as for the leak,, get it oilless first, get some black rtv compound sealer, lay a good 1/8'' thick bead inside mouth of chamber and under grafoil gasket itself, reassemble, let cure 24 hrs and leaks will be a thing of the past (surprised the dealer didn't know this)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts