Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any body seen or heard of a 700 xfire and 800 xfire racing head to head, how much difference is there

·
Registered
145 Posts
With how rich the 800s are from the factory, and other little quirks that aren't worked out, the 700 is still faster out of the box.

Cat put the same clutching in both sleds, that tells me it makes no more power.

·
Registered
275 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hammerdog @ Feb 4 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3 hp out of the box[/b]

hmmm, id say its more. 800s are dyno'ing consistently at 143-146, 700s would be 140 max, most come in around 136 i believe. so almost 5-10 would be a more realistic number. arctic cats new hp ratings are avgs where in 06 they were best case. not to say a stock 700 cant make 140+ , it just needs some TCL first.

we have our 700s setup good now, so once the 800 guys tweak their stock sleds, the 700s might not be ahead anymore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Grizzrock i got a y-pipe and 300 miles on my x-fire7 what else do you recommend keeping my warranty in mind....any info would be great..
thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
mine is totally stock with exception of injector perfecter... not sure about warranty and any upgrades... not even sure a y pipe is ok for not voiding it.

there is the big diff between the 7 and 8.... people are saying 15mpg with 800, i have never even got over 10 mpg with my 700....

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have two friends on the forum that have Crossfire 8s and we do all our riding together. We all fall withing a half gallon of fuel per fill up when it comes time to top off over 80-90 miles. yes, my sled uses a little more, but it also doesnt burst into flames when you shut it off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M7-Dave @ Feb 6 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have two friends on the forum that have Crossfire 8s and we do all our riding together. We all fall withing a half gallon of fuel per fill up when it comes time to top off over 80-90 miles. yes, my sled uses a little more, but it also doesnt burst into flames when you shut it off.[/b]

busrt into flames, thats funny :)

90 miles my tank is almost bone dry empty... if people get 15-16 mpg, they would be at 1/2 tank at 90 miles.... must be nice.

·
Registered
524 Posts
MPG all depends on your average speed and how agressive you are. No one sled is goign to have the same becasue everyones thumb is not the same....some like to pin it hard so don't.....some more then others....I can get upwards of 12-14 mpg riding with my dad but our average speed is about 25 mph. With my friends around 9-11 this is hard riding, average speed around 50-60, by myself testing...maybe 7 or 8, average speed more the 80.....

Each ride i never get the same mpg even if I'm running the same average speed becasue the snow conditions always change, somedays the snow is more sticky orthers and I may use 5-10% more fuel compare to when the snow is not sticky.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Both of them had their 800s catch on fire at the same time simutaniously. It was pretty cool.

Dealer sent their ECUs to cat. Now the sleds are incredably rich off idle, and still pop and catch on fire when you shut it off. They wish they never sent them in.

I have no idea how a builder could go from the 700 laydown with such a great reputation for power and reliability to what they have now.

This is not even mentioning performance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had an EB 06 Xfire and riding it conservatively could easily get 120 miles to a tank. That is burning fuel in Ontario. Not sure if it is blended or not. Filling up in Hornepayne after the run, if I remember correctly it took somewhere around 37 liters to fill it. It was just under forty dollars with gas around 97-98 cents a liter. Awesome....Eh?!

My new 800 is getting similar mileage I think, even with the difference in gearing from the EB I had. Have not really kept it on the trail long enough to get anywhere close to a accurate reading. There is no hard data to prove that a stock Xfire 800 is or is not better than a stock Xfire 700 yet for me. The powder is extemely addictive and freaks up the mpg average for the day.

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M7-Dave @ Feb 6 2007, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Both of them had their 800s catch on fire at the same time simutaniously. It was pretty cool.

Dealer sent their ECUs to cat. Now the sleds are incredably rich off idle, and still pop and catch on fire when you shut it off. They wish they never sent them in.

I have no idea how a builder could go from the 700 laydown with such a great reputation for power and reliability to what they have now.

This is not even mentioning performance.[/b]
It's called emissions standards.

I have no idea how a builder can charge $3,000 more for essentially the same sled with an emissions compliant engine that supposedly makes 5 more hp (2007XF8 vs. 2006XF7),

Unless I was getting the XF1000, I don't see why you would buy a 2007 XF.

You can do a whole lot of mods to the proven 700 for that coin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bigblock- maybe I am in left field here, never really priced out a XF8, but are you comparing list price to list price or are you comparing list price XF8 to cash price after the rebates for an XF7. Jus askin! $3000 is alot of coin.

·
Registered
57 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Feb 7 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bigblock- maybe I am in left field here, never really priced out a XF8, but are you comparing list price to list price or are you comparing list price XF8 to cash price after the rebates for an XF7. Jus askin! $3000 is alot of coin.[/b]
I hear you X-fire 6. Not sure what he is comparing either. I paid alomst the same price for my 8 as I did for my EB 700 OTD. The new 800 is a Sno Pro where the 700 EB was not. So Being within a couple bills, the 800 was not a bad deal, for me. Now if he is comparing the price for new compared to the left overs, its not really comparing apples to apples. All I have to say about the whole thing is the reverse on the 800 is SWEET! :super_happy:

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bkuku2 @ Feb 7 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X-Fire 6 @ Feb 7 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bigblock- maybe I am in left field here, never really priced out a XF8, but are you comparing list price to list price or are you comparing list price XF8 to cash price after the rebates for an XF7. Jus askin! $3000 is alot of coin.[/b]
I hear you X-fire 6. Not sure what he is comparing either. I paid alomst the same price for my 8 as I did for my EB 700 OTD. The new 800 is a Sno Pro where the 700 EB was not. So Being within a couple bills, the 800 was not a bad deal, for me. Now if he is comparing the price for new compared to the left overs, its not really comparing apples to apples. All I have to say about the whole thing is the reverse on the 800 is SWEET! :super_happy:
[/b][/quote]

I am comparing how much you can buy a 2006XF7 vs. a 2007 XF8, leftover, rebates, whatever.

How's it not apples to apples?

Same chassis, different engines, same warranty.

Reverse is worth how much?

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zr580 @ Jan 29 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
has any body seen or heard of a 700 xfire and 800 xfire racing head to head, how much difference is there[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hammerdog @ Feb 4 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3 hp out of the box[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (M7-Dave @ Feb 5 2007, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With how rich the 800s are from the factory, and other little quirks that aren't worked out, the 700 is still faster out of the box.

Cat put the same clutching in both sleds, that tells me it makes no more power.[/b]
Once the XF8 guys get everything worked out like we had to; they will be leaving us in a dust cloud. The 8 produces allot more torque. Whoever does Cats clutching should be fired, and Cat should bring over the guy who designs the clutching for Polaris. The '06 and '07 clutches are not the same, the '07 is a 10.4 with orange spring, and 46-40 or a 36 helix. The primary is the same.

Click Here

With what we spend to gain 10-15 HP the XF-8 owners can spend the same and draw almost twice as much. When Cat gets the bugs worked out in '08, this will be one hellva sled.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is what I meant, if the primary is the same (weights and spring) then they aint making no more power. The same setup will put the same load on the motor, the clutch doesnt know what kind of engine it is bolted too.

The engines make the same power, and unless you plan on climbing all your hills and doing all your racing at 6000 rpm, 140hp is 140hp.

Quite honestly, I have zero performace issues with the 10.0 clutch that is on my sled, seems to work just fine when running next to the 07 800s Im riding with. Matter of fact got to watch them both swap out their belts this weekend and Im still riding on my origonl (all the sleds are within 100 miles of each other, and have been ridden down all of the same trails, we do almost all are riding with each other)

I think the 800 is a fine engine, but after watching bkuku's and his brother's burst into flames, send the ECUs to cat, and the answer was a ton more fuel and retard the timing off idle, goes to show their faith in how it will run.

My sled isnt stock, but for the $$$ i have invested I am still way ahead of a new 800.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also on the 10.4 clutch yes cat changed the spring, but that is cause the new secondary helix needs a longer spring, the old spring was to short.

Same start and finish rates as the sping in the 06's. Same Helixs, same gearing. the 07's have a tid bit more lower initial gear ratio than the 06's.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Dave, yer a little off here. The Crossfire 8 might use the same clutching, but has 10% higher gearing. Same DD gears yes, but 10T drivers.

That said IMO there is no way the 800 is going to rip past the 700. Maybe a length is all that would ever seperate 2 equally setup sleds. I'd love to find an 800 ro run right now :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts