Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can your sled brake 100 mph , i read alot of 98 to 94 mph, some blame the dd, some says its the track lugs, some says there were builded that way.others say fix the secondary set up. last change the drive sprocks,???

·
Super Moderator
8,387 Posts
You would give up low end performance to get the sled over 100 consistantly. There is a lot of track to spin. Check out the sheets Cat is putting out on the 2010 sleds. Track luc and track size take off top end. There is a reason that the CFR is running a little bitty 14" track with 1" lugs. You may see the hondo mark once and awhile in perfect conditions, but you will barely tap into the tripples.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Favoritos is on the money! I hate top speed discussions, most of the time that subject comes up after 4 or 5 beers and the B.S. starts to fly. My Sabercat 500 will tickle 80 MPH across the hard packed lake... that's all shes got. My Doo driving buddies are right along side me and they claim we were going 90+MPH. So who is correct??? Who cares!?!? How often and for how long do you ride at 100MPH? Gear for 0-60mph. That's where you do 90% of your riding.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had a 600 crossfire and it would take perfect conditions on the lake to touch 100. Like everyone else is saying, how often do you really need to go 100?

·
Registered
287 Posts
So much depends on the lake / trail conditions, as well as the rider weight. I'm a big boy (over 250) and my Xfire 7 would perform differently if my wife was on it at half the weight. And the others are right...how often do you get to try for the triple numbers?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got mine up to 96 with good conditions. I rarely go above 70, not too worried about it

·
Registered
192 Posts
i dont wanna brag but i had a 2006 crossfire 6 that did about 105 on lake... No Bull !!
the sled was completely stock it just had a D&D CF700 can on it. stock clutching and gearing, just had to play with deflection a bit. everyone was amazed at how quick that little 600 was, especially with me on it (i weigh in at 230). I dont know what made mine so special. maybe it was that 700 D&D can? or that slightly tweaked bulkehead??? lol...
i wish i had helmet cam footage of my speedo now haha!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got my 600 up to 101 and stock at the time....sence then i have put a spx single pipe on it and cant wait for the snow to fall...101 was deffinatly fast enough not only do you need perfect conditions but you need to be safe at thos kinds of speeds its nuts signs went and past soo fast but its always nice to know you can do it

·
Registered
73 Posts
I find this little 600 to be really impressive for what it is with a long track. I rode a 700 SRX triple before this machine and it was stupid fast top end (only opened her up 2 or 3 times a year with a long enough straight away) but this 600 is very peppy down low which is the most fun IMO. I managed to get mine near the 100mph mark, fast enough for me now, must be age kicking in. :p :sledder:

Has anyone with a 600 Crossfire gone up against a Nytro XTX? I see that video Yami has where it's kickin every other sleds tail but who knows how legit those video's are. Two of my buddies are going to be riding them this year so I just want to get a feel for what to expect.

Love this site! Can't wait for the white stuff :lovewinter: :sno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts