Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my 99 ZR500 engine scattered across my workbench and am rebuilding my top end. I ordered a top end kit from SPI and the wrist pin is way too big. I know that 2000+ models use a bigger wrist pin than the 98-99 models but the box says "P/N: 9605PS, PISTON, ZR500/EFI '98-02, '99 ZL500/EFI/ESR, '98-'99 MNT CAT 500". I know my sled is a 99. The guy at the parts counter is trying to tell me "are you sure its an arctic cat?" Really dude? Has anybody else had this problem? Anybody know the correct part number I need? Even worse, is there supposed to be some sort of modification I am supposed to perform that I just dont know about? I am stuck here and we are supposed to get snow next week. somebody please help. thanks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I am guessing the part number you have 09-605 which is for the b case motor. Yours should be 09-679 for the a case which has a 20 mm wrist pin. the b case has a 22 mm wrist pin. I use forward power sports on ebay. They do a good job of explaining the parts and a set for your sled is 95 bucks. I only use genuine cat gaskets and o-rings myself.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
That is another nice thing about forward. I have those sets in 2 days here in northern MN. Have had them in as fast as 1 day, but that is not a reality. You would be at most 3 days. They ship quick and it is normally fed-ex or ups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.