Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrecked my moms 06 dodge 2500 diesel today...on my way up to pick my sled up from the shop...Slid sideways around a corner and blasted a semi truck and wrecked my snowmobile trailer too..., tore the front wheel completely off the semi...luckily nobody was hurt too bad, my buddy that was with me got a couple torn ligaments in his shoulder and that was it.... here's a few pics of my truck...At most i was doing 30-35 miles per hour...

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
hey nothing a hammer, torches and a welder could fix.......... J/K.... glad to hear that nobody was hurt bad. Vec. can always be replaced people can be.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
you guys are lucky to be alive.

this is only one of the many reasons i tell people they are safer in a fullsized vehicle.
looks like a little more than a 35 MPH impact,..........
that semi must have been hauling ass.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the roads were snow covered and i'm damn sure i wasn't going anything over 35 because i was on a snow covered corner... I have no clue how fast the semi was going

·
Read Only
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Feb 16 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

this is only one of the many reasons i tell people they are safer in a fullsized vehicle.
that semi must have been hauling ass.[/b]
i dont really think you know what a semi can do at a slow speed. even though i am 15 and you are 48 i can tell you a semi can do that at a medium speed.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I drive truck for a living ( the last 15 years) and they don't do as much as what you think they would. believe it or not most of the time the damage looks bad because of how cheap the vec. are made these days, but yes speed does play a role in it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
holy crap.... thats crazy

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 16 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Feb 16 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont really think you know what a semi can do at a slow speed. even though i am 15 and you are 48 i can tell you a semi can do that at a medium speed.
[/b][/quote]

i dont know????lol
i have been driving dumptrucks and operating heavy equipment for over 30 years.

im a little bit familer with them.
i have seen my share of wrecked trucks.

i know what you are trying to say though,.....
yes they are very strong,.........but by the way that dodge is torn almost apart.

at only a 35 mph impact????

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 16 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Feb 16 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

i dont know????lol

yes they are very strong,.........but by the way that dodge is torn up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually my mother wasn't mad about the truck..she was just happy that we were allright...i'm the one thats upset cuz I demolished her 40,000 dollar truck....

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
As the old saying goes ... toys are replaceable, people aren't. Glad you're OK :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Feb 16 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACBOY09 @ Feb 16 2007, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

i dont know????lol

yes they are very strong,.........but by the way that dodge is torn almost apart.

[/b][/quote]

deadh0rse

life is a learning in progress program! Glad nobody hurt badly.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
eekkk YIKES!! What a crash!! Glad to hear everyone was okay!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Get some Meguiars and Mothers

Make sure you have a high quality buffer

Should take a few hrs

it will be good as new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
put a band aid on it and maybe a can or two of fix a flat... just kidding, glad everyones ok... I work in a collision shop 5 days a week, we have seen cars come in that were only doing 10 mph and be alot worse then that... but then again they were also broad sided and rolled over 1 or 2 times...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts