Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to HCS for the first time after being banned a couple months ago for getting into a fued with Rob (BTW...it appears I am still banned). All I can say is wow, what a screwed up and out of control site. There is no reason over there and it appears as if the moderators have lost complete control of the site.

I think that the lesson there is that letting these sites get out of control just ruins it. I think that volume of people and posts to a site eventually can make it get out of control to the point where any moderator(s) simply cannot physically spend enough time at the keyboard to even attempt to control it. What really ruined that site is that all the immature members began to outnumber the reasonable ones and deemed it beter to rip and post as many posts as possible rather than quality discussion and content. Once Rob got sucked into being an asshole like the rest of the people over there...it seemed to take only a couple months for it to become completely overrun. That being said....I feel no remorse for Rob or anyone over there.....they created this mess and I hope sponsors drop them and come over here.

We need to keep each other under control and keep it a snowmobiling site. Great job to everyone here who ows and moderates this....as well as the current members. I feel that everyone has done a great job keeping this site above the chaff.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
ya i do see what ur talking about. it is pretty crazy over there. i just finished reading up on deal gone bad. some of you probably know what i am talkin about.

·
Registered
215 Posts
its getting to the point where i can barely stand to go outside the brand specific forums over there.
the general forums are out of control. i do like the state/territory forums, wish we had something like that here.
unfortunately for me, my work internet recently blocked arcticchat, but i can still go to hcs.
so i'm forced to spend all day over there while i'm suposed to be working. :lol:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
One thing I never really understood over there... what the hell is the logic behind being a "post whore"??

Is there some reward at the end of the year where they get free memberships, gift certificates to Applebees, or sometime of payback???

That site lost me when that crap started...post, just to post garbage?

Is that the way the owner makes money on the amount of hits the site has, regradless of their useless content?? I dunno

·
Registered
317 Posts
This all might be true but you shouldnt get on one site and bash another, that makes the site your on not much better. If you dont like a site dont go there! easy solution! Now lets all have a nice powder day, shall we?

·
Registered
303 Posts
HCS just has way too many people. The more people the more idiots. I like both sites, but if you need information, or if you are selling something, that site has a lot more action. With that being said, This site is handled better by not letting people get out of control. Good job guys, and play we get this damn snow. :chug:

·
Registered
653 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turtleheadking @ Jan 11 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HCS just has way too many people. The more people the more idiots. I like both sites, but if you need information, or if you are selling something, that site has a lot more action. With that being said, This site is handled better by not letting people get out of control. Good job guys, and play we get this damn snow. :chug:[/b]

It's coming to Illinois by the end of the weekend, I can feel it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.