Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After rolling my bike a few months ago I wouldn't. However utility quads were making up.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks pretty damn steep to me. I may try it, but I'm not going to be 1st. If others can do it on similar bikes, I would definitely give it a shot. JUST DON'T STOP!!!! Going down it shouldn't be a problem. There is a long, steep hill where I normally ride that we try, usually after some liquid courage :chug: . You can't go straight up it b/c of trees and holes. It's a little scary on a side-slope with the uphill front tire in the air. We've only had 1 person get hurt, but he went the wrong way and rolled straight over backwards. The quad landed on his chest before rolling several times down the hill. He was lucky it was just a sport quad and that he only broke his wrist. He did need surgery to fix it, though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, actually it's on their website. My buddy was telling me about it and said it was STEEP!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
:imo: A Big NO! But then somebody always does...wtslap yes it is STEEP eekkk oh well... NEXT! :fiddle

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you didn't make it your bike would be in BAD shape. Probably just about as bad of shape as you!

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
i would try it on your bike but not mine.. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Only if I had a KFX700! Not worthy: Not on my V2....

·
Registered
69 Posts
i've went up over something way worse that that...ill have to get a good pic when the snow melts, its all grass and at least twice as high up

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks similar to a ridge at a local sand pit here that I've been up and over. The trick was to stay hard on the gas and not ease up until I crested it.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
The words, "HELL NO" come to mind after seeing that one! eekkk

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
No thanks...

The last poker run we were on had a steep hill though (not sure how it compares), it is nicknamed "Suicide Hill", and although I was a little nervous, I drove my bike up and the bike my wife was driving up the hill (she wasn't comfortable with it), it wasn't as bad as it looked (from the bottom) after going up it.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'd give it a try with a good set of back tires. It looks to be somewhat hard so traction should be there to get you up and over. IMO the hardest spot would be right above where the rider is parked, almost looks vertical other then that its not high even to run out of power. 3rd gear pinned should do it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have sat and watched a buddy of mine run up and down that hill with his Prarie and then his sons 400ex. Its a sandy/peagravel mix. Offers decent traction if you got the power.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts