Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i need some help here. If i choose i have my 650 v2 sold and Then the wife states I can purchase a 700 efi. Would you do this. This is a very hard decision for me I love my V2 man. So give me your honest opinion.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some one out there surly has an opinion to help me with this decision. come on boys and girls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What probs have you had out of your V-2 ? I intend to buy a new Cat this year. I recently bought a used '04 v-2 and love it. HL springs and a moose module woke it up and it handles great. I love the ride, the sound and the smoothness of the v-2. I would not consider trading it for a 700 single cylinder.....although I am not 100% certain, but looking at the '07 lineup and taking in consideration the idea of EFI.. I will probably purchase the 700 to park alongside the v-2. (The prices of the 700 EFI and 650 H1 at my dealer are within 500 bucks of each other)..go figure.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 15 2007, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Some one out there surly has an opinion to help me with this decision. come on boys and girls.[/b]

My own preference......I like the twin, period!! I would wait personally, but like I said that is me. I havn't had any problems with the tranny, but I know its limitations. My next buy is when they come out with a twin AND the duramatic hooked together.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The only thing you gain is efi. Is that worth the money to you? I would wait until cat comes out with something better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (modn @ Mar 15 2007, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My own preference......I like the twin, period!! I would wait personally, but like I said that is me. I havn't had any problems with the tranny, but I know its limitations. My next buy is when they come out with a twin AND the duramatic hooked together.[/b]

:thumbsup: ...I am impatiently awaiting the '08 lineup..and hell yea, an AC v-2 and Duramatic would be awesome. Who knows?, they slipped a Diesel in the lineup this year.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My next machine will be fuel injected. I hope that the rumors are true and Cat is building their own 450 motor. I just hope they inject it.
Oh yeah......sorry I got of the subject. I would go with the 700 all the way!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya this is my dilima I love my V2 and realy havent had any problems with it. I did have some warenty stuff. But not that much.
I like the efi for the cold starting here in Montana.
Some of you stated you would wait. So are you waiting for the new line up or just some new models. I am courious is Cat thinking of a V twin again. I havent heard of anything out there. But realy not in the loop for our sales rep. dosent do much for us.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i'm with modn, love my twin and the only thing i think i would replace it with would be another twin! got to do what you feel is right and what you want to do though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have had experience with one four wheeler, my 700 so I can't give an opinion on the V2 verses the single cylinder. After you have the EFI you will love it and the gas milage is great since it is a single I suppose, not really sure, and I think the single produces torque quicker, not sure that's right either, just what I heard.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Mar 15 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ya this is my dilima I love my V2 and realy havent had any problems with it. I did have some warenty stuff. But not that much.
I like the efi for the cold starting here in Montana.
Some of you stated you would wait. So are you waiting for the new line up or just some new models. I am courious is Cat thinking of a V twin again. I havent heard of anything out there. But realy not in the loop for our sales rep. dosent do much for us.[/b]

I'm not saying I would trade as soon as one came out, but it sure would be nice to know once I was ready to trade that they had a twin with EFI and the Duramatic. But at this point I would take just the twin anyway. The singles are well proven from the 700 down to the 50 so it's not that, but I just love the twin and will wait to see if they come out with one before I ever move to a single. My eyes will be wide open when I do decide to get a new one Cat or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cardio I have the 700...only rode the V twin at the dealer breifly for the test ride.
It didn't have a lot of punch at the dealer, but know now that there are cheap mods that really wake them up.
Either way I'm happy with the 700...starts great every time & very smooth power.
I don't notice the lag at the bottom end...maybe it is more pronounced in other 700's?
Try & make it to a dealer & throw a leg over the 700....ride it around a bit & then make your decision.
Sanny probably be the best to ask being he made a similiar switch.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I would wait for a more powerful better refined cat to come out with efi. To me the only difference between the 700 and 650 you would notice is the efi. the power is close to the same and the frame, suspension, etcc.. are all the same.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hoopie @ Mar 15 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would wait for a more powerful better refined cat to come out with efi. To me the only difference between the 700 and 650 you would notice is the efi. the power is close to the same and the frame, suspension, etcc.. are all the same.[/b]
Hoppie
I see where you are coming from. It is a tuff decision for me. But one will be made soon. Thanks for all the imput guys keep it comming.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tickster @ Mar 15 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cardio I have the 700...only rode the V twin at the dealer breifly for the test ride.
It didn't have a lot of punch at the dealer, but know now that there are cheap mods that really wake them up.
Either way I'm happy with the 700...starts great every time & very smooth power.
I don't notice the lag at the bottom end...maybe it is more pronounced in other 700's?
Try & make it to a dealer & throw a leg over the 700....ride it around a bit & then make your decision.
Sanny probably be the best to ask being he made a similiar switch.[/b]
Tickster
I am going down to the shop and giver heck this afternoon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi,
I havent ridden the 700 EFI or any Cat 700 for that matter. I have owned a poo, and also a Honda years ago, but NOTHING Ive ridden whether mine or a buddy's would get me to give up my V2. Between the sound, the size of the machine, and the acceleration, and overall performance compared to other ATVs Ive ridden & owned I wouldnt give it up. Some people dont like the fact that low range tops out at abt 45, but if more low end is in need a simple clutch change (spring) will cure that, and from what I hear a Moose Module will also wake it up abit more, but mines WIDE AWAKE as it is. It is all personal preference, but for me I love my V2! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Not a chance, the V2's snap off the line and accelaration while moving is just too much fun to give up Cat happy , especially just to get EFI. I plan to own my V2 for a long time, but if I were to get another machine it would need to be a twin. Mine is stock so I still have more snap to get, I personally would and wait and see what happens with next years line up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I went from the H1 to the 06V2 and that was a Huge difference with the V2 being way better for me.I rode with a 700 King and the V2 was quicker off the line till about mid way then the King quad runs by you with the Copperhead I get way out in front and the King never catches up in the mud no comparison Cat all the way.Now the 700 Cat ,the V2 stock is still quicker with the Copperhead even worse for the 700Cat.Now if VDI delivers the Module for the 700 and its as good as they are saying then the 700 would be worth a look with the better tranny and EFI it would be very tempting even though the V2 with the simple mods rocks and with the new gearing 0n the 06V2s the belt has been bulit proof for me.I have had all singles up till the V2 and the twins are just so much smoother.Just my two cents here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
In reply to the person who only rode the V2 at the dealer. When I got my V2 home I was somewhat disappointed during the 1st 25-30 miles, but since then this thing has WOKE UP in a BIG way! It now has just over 100 miles and the difference is night & day from when it was brand new w/ low miles. From what Ive found out is alot of Cats are numb til the begin to break-in and the 650 V2 is known to do it as well. From my own experience if youre seriously considering a V2 try to take a ride on one w/ 100 miles or more. Cant compare the difference its so much better as it breaks in. Maybe some other folks can back me up on this, because when I noticed it waking up I posted the topic regarding break-in and got ALOT of replies verifying that they do change for the better as the miles get put on. Just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sell the V2 and get a H1, you'll sleep better....lol....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts