Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for feedback on what my AC to DC conversion to run a GPS. I found a lot of helpful forums on here and think I found what would work best for me. Now my sled is 2009 xfire 600 efi with reverse and no battery. I am currently running a gps on my sled but only using a portable battery pack for phones and such. This method works but it gets annoying charging the battery every night let alone taking up a entire pocket in my dash bag. So my question is since there is the Accessory plug that is AC current behind the steering post plate can I plug all this shown in my diy diagram? Right now just my heated face shield is plugged directly into that I believe. Yes I say believe becasue my sled is 2 hours north of me at the cabin so that is kinda hard to check on haha.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To keep this thread updated since I was seeking help I’ll post my conclusion, the ACC plug is DC volts on this sled along with the majority of other things are all DC volts. So I popped the 15 amp fuse on the voltage converter by accident and found my gauge cluster would not work along with the sled started to run like **** at one point.

So I decided against going with a backup battery since I found out my internal gps battery is still good! Wiring the USB socket was a piece of cake! Just a simple 2 pin connector and ran it with wire loom along the main chassis harness to behind the speedo. Then just cut to length and crimped on 2 female spade connectors. The wires ran I made look factory even!

I plan on adding in a 5 amp inline fuse going to the usb socket. I thought I had one but couldn’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts