Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I posted that I had trouble with my F8 turning once I put studs on. I did some searching and I think everyone is very happy with the Woody's Doolies. The part # for F8LXR/SP/TS are all the same DA8-9975. From what I found I can get them as cheap as $80.50 out the door. Is anyone getting them cheaper?

·
Registered
135 Posts
for what it's worth, I hated the Doolys. They float instead of carving into the snow/ice. The shaper bars from Stud boy are awesome IMO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brsehawk,

I will take a look into them. Anyone else have opinions? Any good deals from the regulars on this site?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Check out KJ Motorsports, as well as some of our other sponsors .... look over here ==========>

KJ does a good job of matching the lowest price you can find. I've purchased Shaper Bars from Devin at Sled-Parts, and he is very competitive on pricing. As far as dual vs. single bars go, I think it's kind of a catch-22. You get almost zero darting with the dual carbides, but you get better "carving" with a single bar (especially the shaper bars). To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have run them both and I have settled on the Dooly's because of the I am riding in northern Wisconsin the majority of the time and would rather nort deal with the darting on our heavily warn trails come Saturday afternoon and evening. The single bar does turn better and does not float . I have also gotten slightly better life out of the double bar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had Stud boy 9"Duece bars on my F8 and they suck,I have 10" woodys singles on now and there great. I'm going to take my 10" Woody dullys off my F7 and try them this weekend in Houghton MI. Ill let you know Monday my thoughts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dually wont dart,that is the good part,..but they are a bit heavier and under certain circumstances they plug up a bit. Actually the way woody's does them for cat is an excellent design,as it has a leading edge that is staggered to ruduce the darting,but stiil a single bar on the outside. These staggered duallys from Cat are great design(don't plug up and push) but not long enough on the main carbide runner for this sled. They are not even close to being enough bite the way they come. I think you will soon be some better staggered longer ones out soon .

·
Registered
362 Posts
I hated the dually's on my zr8. Too much effort to turn. I'm on my second year with Studboy shapers and really like the way they handle.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had 9" shapers on my one firecat and 10" Woody's on the others. Both single bars, identical setup sleds. IMO the Woody's plain old bar carves better than the shaper.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Jan 30 2007, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had Stud boy 9"Duece bars on my F8 and they suck,I have 10" woodys singles on now and there great. I'm going to take my 10" Woody dullys off my F7 and try them this weekend in Houghton MI. Ill let you know Monday my thoughts.[/b]
all ''side by side'' dual runner carbides suck, it traps slush and snow in them and loses its ability to ''bite in'' until they get warmed up or hit something to jar the clog-up out of them (see what helix says below)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (helix @ Jan 30 2007, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually the way woody's does them for cat is an excellent design,as it has a leading edge that is staggered to ruduce the darting,but stiil a single bar on the outside. These staggered duallys from Cat are great design(don't plug up and push) but not long enough on the main carbide runner for this sled. I think you will soon be some better staggered longer ones out soon .[/b]
we can only hope so, they are a great design

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pbizz @ Jan 30 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I installed a set of doolys on my f10 and they were not carving at all.Took those off as soon as I got home.[/b]
see my reply to MuskegoCat ^^^^^^^^^^^^

FTR, I run woody's 14'' comp bars, and yes, while they do have a little more tendency to dart (although as I have the suspension/toe out set, it's minimal and ONLY at cruising/steady below 60 mph), i'll live with that as they give me maximum control under all conditions that I encounter

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no comparison between the Stud Boy Deuce Bars and Woody's Duallys - the Stud Boy bars actually turn very well and last forever. The Deuce bars do not turn as aggressively as the Shaper Bars but turn much better than the others dual bars and still eliminate the darting without any clogging or spped loss. If you want your sled to turn run the Shaper bars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rorischak @ Jan 30 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey everyone,

I posted that I had trouble with my F8 turning once I put studs on. I did some searching and I think everyone is very happy with the Woody's Doolies. The part # for F8LXR/SP/TS are all the same DA8-9975. From what I found I can get them as cheap as $80.50 out the door. Is anyone getting them cheaper?[/b]
I hated the Stud boy Dueces, i like the shaper bars but the woodys (singles) are more durable than the Stud boys. These had only 300 miles on them on my F8. Look at the front carbids chipped away and they look beat to hell. Could turn worth a crap. I did like the 8" Doolly's on my Firecat

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Jan 30 2007, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had Stud boy 9"Duece bars on my F8 and they suck,I have 10" woodys singles on now and there great. I'm going to take my 10" Woody dullys off my F7 and try them this weekend in Houghton MI. Ill let you know Monday my thoughts.[/b]
Forgot to let you guys in on my miles on woody doollys. There were better than SBoy but in the end I will keep them on the firecat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ARCTIC ADVENTURES MAKES HIS OWN CARBIDE RUNNERS WORK GREAT ALL AROUND TURN GREAT RUNNING TRAILS HARD,,,,,ALLWAYS IN STOCK WILL SHIP DIRECT,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts