Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been runing a set of woody competition 10" with the V shaped host bar and they seem to be to agressive they actually seem to make my zrt800 dart more, has anyone else had this problem?

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
It really shouldnt, Are you good with your toe in/toe out? Maybe to much front end weight?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You must have something wrong, all the zrt-8 & t-cats I've had & set-up love 10'' woodys. Powder pros would also help lots. Dan.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mazak14 @ Jan 19 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You must have something wrong, all the zrt-8 & t-cats I've had & set-up love 10'' woodys. Powder pros would also help lots. Dan.[/b]
I checked ski toe in/out and frt skid shock pressure adj. all is good - these are the V shaped host bar 10" competition carbides,for the hell of it I threw a set of woody 4"ers on today because I had a new set kicking around from the ole ladies zr600 and what a diff. it made. I guess I got to go buy a set of reg round host bar 8"ers. So none of you have ever had this problem with the V shaped host bar carbides?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unless you are running like 300 studs, 10" inches of carbide for trail riding is over kill. Those 10" inch are for oval track ice racing. You would be better off 6" or 8" round host bar woody's.

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
I run 14'' comp bars,, no problems like that with mine,,, sounds like you have the skids front arm being similar to a ''rocking horse'' pivotal point with too much tension on the fron shocks spring and longer than necessary limiter straps, this at cruising speeds will shorten the sleds ''steady speed wheel base'' (contact with ground, front to rear) and works just like a short wheel base vehicle as it doesn't allow for the tracks whole length ''implantation'' to help keep the sled from darting,,, imagine the sled resting on just the skis and the front 1/3 of the track with the rear portion of the skid off the ground,, any variance of the skis from a straight line will have less resistance to overcome and will follow those grooves,, IF the skid were all the way loaded and firmly planted its entire length, then the tendency to ''dart'' would dramatically be reduced

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Jan 22 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I run 14'' comp bars,, no problems like that with mine,,, sounds like you have the skids front arm being similar to a ''rocking horse'' pivotal point with too much tension on the fron shocks spring and longer than necessary limiter straps, this at cruising speeds will shorten the sleds ''steady speed wheel base'' (contact with ground, front to rear) and works just like a short wheel base vehicle as it doesn't allow for the tracks whole length ''implantation'' to help keep the sled from darting,,, imagine the sled resting on just the skis and the front 1/3 of the track with the rear portion of the skid off the ground,, any variance of the skis from a straight line will have less resistance to overcome and will follow those grooves,, IF the skid were all the way loaded and firmly planted its entire length, then the tendency to ''dart'' would dramatically be reduced[/b]
so what your saying is that I need to adj. my frt skid shock? make it have more pressure to lighten my ski pressure? I adj. my ski's toe in/out to spec's then I replaced the bushings on steering colum and checked or replaced all bushings so my bars had as little as possible slop and my limiter straps are loosened as much as possible(so the frt skids pressure is maxed with straps) the adjuster ring on shock is in the mid position,I still have some adj. to add or lesson the spring tension on the skids front shock. I did try a set of 4"ers and even with them unless I am on the throttle it still seems a bit twitchy not nearly as bad as with the 10"ers. I am open for suggestions/help. THANKS FOR ALL YOU FELLOW MEMBERS HELP AND SUGGESTIONS

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up loosening the frt shock on the skid as told by c-note(thanks) and it has seemed to make a diff. I am now running 1/2" host bar with 8" of carbide and I also toed in both skis 1/16-1/8th. Wed. we are going riding will let all know how I make out. Thanks to all

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaineSled @ Jan 23 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ended up loosening the frt shock on the skid as told by c-note(thanks) and it has seemed to make a diff. I am now running 1/2" host bar with 8" of carbide and I also toed in both skis 1/16-1/8th. Wed. we are going riding will let all know how I make out. Thanks to all[/b]
Well sled is fixed - you'd never believe how much change a 1/8" could make - I toed OUT both ski's 1/8" and its like a new sled,UNREAL :chug: Now I get to use all that power!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts