Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ross, Dan and I went up to Tug Hill for the weekend again. Yea! More snowmobiling! LOL The weather conditions were WAY to bad to bring out the camera gear, but since I can't seem to leave home without some sort of camera I brought along my old Kodak :D

The shots aren't very good, but I thought it was worth a good "story" thread to share, because the conditions were crazy up there over the weekend, a snow lovers dream LOL

The snow started as we left home Friday afternoon... and pounded us the whole trip up there. The drive up was pretty rough pulling the trailor... so I'll take this opportunity to say what an AMAZING job Ross did driving in the conditions we had thumbguy ... AND, that Dan didnt help at all j/k... he played co-pilot and kept us out of the snow drifts for the trip home LOL

Unfortunately, no pictures for the trip up - it was too dark

Saturday morning when we headed out it was perfect... fresh snow and lots of it... we also had blue skies peek out off and on so I grabbed a few shots where I could...

This shot was taken by Sara Lyndaker... and obviously Ross was not cooperating LOL

This shot was taken by Ross... I had to accessorize and buy a new Orange jacket to go with my new Orange sled Clap

Some shots of the trails... which are OBVIOUSLY well groomed and well maintained thumbguy thumbguy

Dan and Ross being their charming selves :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stopping for gas a little later in the day...

Dan catching a cat-nap LOL

Dan catching me catching him taking a cat-nap na na

Starting to snow again as the day went on...

And by the time we finished our last stop (for dessert of course.. warm chocolate brownie sundae :drool: ) it started snowing VERY heavily and the last leg of the trip home was total blind conditions (picture this - blizzard snow conditions, heavy winds, you can barely see the tail-lights of the sled in front of you and the tracks it just made and you cannot see anything else, the wind was so heavy is was wiping out the tracks mere seconds after you made them..... all in all, I'd have to say it was the BEST part of the trip for me Cat happy Cat happy ... Sara led us back to their farm, and did an awesome job =)

It snowed almost another foot overnight saturday night... and with the wind the snow drifted pretty high in some places... Rene was out first thing plowing the driveway...

Ross getting the trailor out and ready for the trip home... I think we brought back more snow on and in the trailor than it snowed back here in albany all weekend LOL

Of course... we had to go out and play for a while before leaving...
Nice parking job chflagwv:

Ross showing us how deep the snow is... after riding thru the deepest part, of course LOL

Dan playing in the drifts...

Dan getting stuck while carving LOL hehe slaphappy

And yes, I have to admit I got stuck too - for the FIRST time this weekend :help there goes my record LOL... and while Ross had to come help me get out, Dan was laughing so hard I could hear him across the big field thru the heavy snow and hard winds troll food :Bangin:

BUT - there are NO pictures of me getting stuck :p since I'm the only crazy one out there taking pictures

and finally... last but not least... the trip home... the conditions were TERRIBLE when we left... the road was covered, it was snowing like crazy, and the wind was so bad - it was either partial blind conditions - or total whiteout... again, Ross did an awesome job handling things - white knuckles and all :sure_ok:

Here's a few shots from the first leg of the trip... after the first few miles, it was like 2 different worlds... we dropped right into clear roads and clear skies LOL

This isnt a case of backflashing, this is what it really looked like out the window...

Man out shoveling as we drove by LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont remember seeing any while we were up there... I know we didnt pass thru any...

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Awesome Pixs as usual...Linda and I envy you all riding out in the deep snow. I'm hoping to get Linda's sled fixed before Friday so we can go riding. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Nice Pics! We got to the hill Sunday! Here's a couple pics of our trip....and Rick holding up a windmill!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great shots!! That windmill shot is too kewl! =))

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogthehunter @ Feb 8 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:thumbsup: great pics fellas, isn't this what its all about, great times, lots of snow, and good friends? Dog[/b]

Fellas? Who are you calling Fellas? :tongue_nana: I'm pretty sure I'm a girl posting those pictures :devil_angry: LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts