Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 Z1 Turbo LXR - Have a hard time with this sled pushing through the turns - Have adjusted the front Shocks from 5 threads showing from the bottom to 13 to 16 now showing ... has gotten better but still not good ... will not turn at the Gas Pumps or Parking Lots ... any advise would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
09 Z1 Turbo LXR - Have a hard time with this sled pushing through the turns - Have adjusted the front Shocks from 5 threads showing from the bottom to 13 to 16 now showing ... has gotten better but still not good ... will not turn at the Gas Pumps or Parking Lots ... any advise would be appreciated.
So will it turn on snow but not on asphalt?

I've honestly never had a machine that turned worth a damn in parking lots/across roads etc. It's more of a point and shot type deal.

If it's on snow that you are having issues then that's another problem. What condition are your skegs in? Have you checked you limiter straps? Putting all that tension on the front shocks isn't the way to make it turn better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with my 07 jag
I'm a pretty aggressive driver and this solved both of your issues
#1 make sure your front track sock spring is loosed right off.
#2 I installed a set of snowtracker runners (you know the ones with the metal wings on them) yeah their expensive..But a lot cheaper then eating the pines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So will it turn on snow but not on asphalt?

I've honestly never had a machine that turned worth a damn in parking lots/across roads etc. It's more of a point and shot type deal.

If it's on snow that you are having issues then that's another problem. What condition are your skegs in? Have you checked you limiter straps? Putting all that tension on the front shocks isn't the way to make it turn better.
Thanks for the reply Jag - I understand the Point & Shoot theory ... even when there is snow it won't turn well ...
My Skegs are in pretty good shape 2500 Canadian Miles on the Lakes & Higher speed trails like in Cochrane and Kirkland lake.

My Limiter straps are in Stock Position (there are no holes to adjust but i could make new ones myself - My Rear Suspension Front Shock is only 5 Threads up from bottom - I also checked my Toe on the Skis and the front is out 1/8" like others have suggested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Jag - I understand the Point & Shoot theory ... even when there is snow it won't turn well ...
My Skegs are in pretty good shape 2500 Canadian Miles on the Lakes & Higher speed trails like in Cochrane and Kirkland lake.

My Limiter straps are in Stock Position (there are no holes to adjust but i could make new ones myself - My Rear Suspension Front Shock is only 5 Threads up from bottom - I also checked my Toe on the Skis and the front is out 1/8" like others have suggested.
Sorry that last post was for Kopec

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
My Rear Suspension Front Shock is only 5 Threads up from bottom .
Adjust that just so the spring stays in the spring perch, thats it, no more. I safety wired a wire across the opening so it wouldn't fall out, That loose with nothing on the sled., then bring in your front ski shocks a little, adjust the rear torsen for your weight and you should be roughed in, then fine tune the front ski shocks to your liking, it may dart a little but remmember if it feels steering heavy, take out some front ski shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put the Agressive Snowtrackers on my 2009 XLR 1000 turbo last weekend can't beleive the differance holds through icy corners good in loose snow and yes they turn on tar! The dealer I bought them from had guys go 10,000 miles before replacement so worth the money Self sharping carbide is 1/16" insert

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adjust that just so the spring stays in the spring perch, thats it, no more. I safety wired a wire across the opening so it wouldn't fall out, That loose with nothing on the sled., then bring in your front ski shocks a little, adjust the rear torsen for your weight and you should be roughed in, then fine tune the front ski shocks to your liking, it may dart a little but remmember if it feels steering heavy, take out some front ski shocks.[/QUOTE

I will make the adjustments before this weekend ... thanks for the reply guudasitgets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wont turn

I have a 2010 TZ1 Turbo. I have too much ski pressure. I put single bar 8in carbides on mine. It turns on a dime. Now it darts so bad sometime I can hardly drive it. Sometimes the track wants to get around the corner first! All this with 2 people on it. Try straight bar carbides

1 - 9 of 9 Posts