Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone,

This was my first ride with the F8. I had a great time and the power and suspension was amazing. I was very pleased with every aspect when it came to the engine. The steering effort was nothing short of amazing. I put on 180mi and no sore shoulders or hands. When riding upstate NY this is pretty common because everything is a turn. Speaking of turning this thing refuses to turn unless it is in deep powder. Yes, I know the talk of carbides have be brought up in other posts but I really just want to see my options. I really don't want this thing to steer very hard but I have the front shocks/springs nearly maxed out with with front end pressure.

I know I need new carbides but I love not having the darting problem. Is there something anyone reccomends doing without buying new skis? What skegs is everyone running that work pretty decent?

PS...I do miss the WW brake stroke to long on this one.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5 Posts
The wear bars that come with your new machine you can pretty much just throw in the garbage. Bolt on a set of Woody's Doolies, 8" or 6". Then if it still doesn't turn, take your limiter straps and drill a couple new holes in them to give yourself more ski pressure. About an inch down from the one that is there. Use your stud cutter, it works great to make the hole.

Don't forget to change your shocks back when your done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.