Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 03 f7 efi, got about five inches of snow today, so i could finally ride it. It ran just fine, until I stopped at the gas station and filled. I went in to pay, came back out, pulled it and it just fired a couple of times and would not start or even fire after that. After taking it home, we checked spark, that was good. We put a little gas in the cylinder, put the plug back in pulled it and it fired. Seems to be some sort of fuel issue? Just wondering if someone knows what it may be or has some kind of idea? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have also had problems with old gas, but if it ran fine to the gas station, but would start after new fresh gas, I doubt it is in the fuel. I would look at the fuel pump and filter and make sure fuel is flowing past both of them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
had the same problem take off fuel line and pull to start should get fuel coming out of hose if not suspect fuel pump to check this dissconnect electrical connector to pump and hook up multimeter and check voltage while pulling over should be over 12V

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '03 after a rebuild.
disconnect the fuel line like f7nightfire says, and pull it over, if no fuel comes out check the pick ups in the bottom of the tank to make sure they're not collapsed. If they aren't you can hook up a 12V battery to the leads on the pump until you get fuel coming out of the fuel line. Hook it back up and it should go. It worked for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies, it had fuel up to the rail, but when we took the hose of and pulled it over, it didn't advance any fuel. We took it back to the dealer to have it looked at. Will post what the problem was in a couple days. Thanks again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nippoes,
Turns out it was what you said, dealer did the same thing and it seems to be working just fine. Would have done it myself but didn't see your post until I took it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts