Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night while out playin in the snow I noticed that while my bike (650 Vtwin) was in gear an I let off the gas it wouldn't idle it would die , it also acted like it didn't wanna shift from fwd or rev to neutral after it would cut off due to me lettin off the gas I would have to rock it back an forth before it would go into neutral, but it would idle fine once I got it into neutral ???

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i wonder if the bushing inside the movable sheave is ng,causing it not to completly return at idle.
sounds like the belt is tight for some reason, does it want to creep in gear?
does it shift smooth with the eng off?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE

it seems to be working fine now ???

no it doesn't creep in gear it just won't go till i rock it
no itdoes the same thing while the motor it off

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
As for the shifting, bump your idle up just a tad. They don't like to go into gear if the idle is too high or too low. From the sounds of it, you may have been a touch too low.

As for it dying at idle, my guess is that you ingested some snow onto the air filter and it choked it out. After you let it sit, it melted and airflow resumed normally.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked the filter when it was dieing an did find anything out of the norm I'll try to adjust the idle some next time it does it

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if it was the choke wouldn't it die while in neutral as well

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
only dies in gear....that's right. sorry.

In thinking about it more, it almost seems as though your clutch isn't set right in that it may be not slipping (as those V2's are designed to do). That said, if you have it in gear and the belt is grabbing enough, it may want to kill the motor. Does it creep on ya while in gear?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no it would just die, bang your head but for the last to days it hasn't acted up I dunno

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

In thinking about it more, it almost seems as though your clutch isn't set right in that it may be not slipping (as those V2's are designed to do). That said, if you have it in gear and the belt is grabbing enough, it may want to kill the motor. Does it creep on ya while in gear?[/b]
Every now and again, I notice mine wants to creep. Whats the cause of this?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (86buickgn @ Dec 22 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Dec 21 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In thinking about it more, it almost seems as though your clutch isn't set right in that it may be not slipping (as those V2's are designed to do). That said, if you have it in gear and the belt is grabbing enough, it may want to kill the motor. Does it creep on ya while in gear?[/b]
Every now and again, I notice mine wants to creep. Whats the cause of this?
[/b][/quote]

On mine it was the EBC (engine brake control) was on. It's design to engage the primary clutch so you have slow speed engine braking. If it doesn't disengage you will creep or stall. Another possibility is a high idle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts