Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to rewire a mess that was left to me on a 1998 artic cat bearcat 454 4x4. I've got most of it figured out I think . I just need to what the 4 wires coming from the stator are. There is white, green, blue and yellow. I know they go to cdi box but I have a 5 pin cdi and the plug was cut of so which wire is which?

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,410 Posts
I believe there is a fully service manual with wiring diagrams available for free on countrycat.com under Technical information (button at the bottom of the page) the diagrams show the size of each plug, location, and crossover colors.

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
14,100 Posts
Separate wiring diagrams are also available on the same site. Best to download them so you can zoom in on them on your computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. So the guy I'm doing this for gave me a new 6 pin cdi unit from caltric. Anyone help me with how I'm supposed to wire that up? The pins are ignition coil, kill switch,trigger pulse, sometimes 2 grounds, sometimes 1 ground and 12v poitive,, sometimes ac ignition power, sometimes 12vdc power switched and 12dc power. Etc etc. Help

·
Administrator
42,457 Posts
Did you download the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you download the wiring diagram?
Yes. I've got the whole Manuel now. Which is great and I'm so close but that got me to green and blue are the source coil and yellow and white are the trigger coil. On the 6 pin cdi the ignition coil, kill switch and ground are the same no matter which diagram I look at so I've got those figured out. Now I have 3 pins left and 4 wires to to go.

·
Administrator
42,457 Posts
Are you sure it’s the right CDI ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts