Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most snow in 8yrs, and its only Dec. Main trails groomed, single tracks and meadows are heaven but 1st and 2nd summits still not broken, still too deep lol! News say 5-10 more tonight! man I'm going to have to buy a longer long track lol
:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WooHoo! summits are broken now, both first and second shouldnt have a problem if ya have a 136" or larger. Heck cuz of warm temps you can point and go even in the deep pow, its setup great!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come visit riding is great weather is awsome beer is cold :chug:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woohoo, its dumping again! Somone luv's me up there! na na

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
SmackZ

Snow is looking great out there. I'm heading out Feb 2nd for Grand Lake. I will be out there for a week. I plan to ride Grand Lake, Winter Park, and Rabbit Ears. Get a good idea of what riding in Colorado is like. I have ridden out west before in Northern New Mexico. No snow in the east has been driving me crazy so I planned to head west a couple of weeks ago. First place I was looking at was in New Mexico at Red River and Hopewell, but not enough snow there either. I decided on Colorado, because of the hugh amounts of snow it's been getting this year. Looking forward to being there. :super_happy:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great to hear your comming out, feb 4/5 is the local drag races and radar runs in kremling (next to grand lake) wilford mountain.. I live in Fraser, and ride the Vasquez and churches park areas and a lil up at corona pass and rabbit ears.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have gotton more snow. Conditions are still awsome, lotz and lotz of powder to ride. Trails in great condition thanks to Trailblazer Tours! Cat happy

·
Banned
597 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmackZ @ Jan 25 2006, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great to hear your comming out, feb 4/5 is the local drag races and radar runs in kremling (next to grand lake) wilford mountain.. I live in Fraser, and ride the Vasquez and churches park areas and a lil up at corona pass and rabbit ears.[/b]
Hey SmackZ,
Are the drag races that your refering to every year there in Kremling now? Reason I'm asking is that a few buddy's and I used to race them when they were up at Grand Lake in the mid to late 90's, but then they got shut down up there for some weird reason?????? Sure was a "kick" and wasn't sure if they started them somewhere else now. :chug:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the new season has begun (with a 2 foot dump). Conditions will only get better now. All riding is treeline or above for now but supposed to get a lil snow this weekend but we'll see.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, The have been holding it for 3yrs runnin now, havent heard the exact date for this year but I will chk and post the dates. It has been getting bigger each year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First report of the season! We have had 2 snow falls already, no accumulations down low but the Mnt tops are still retaining snow! Just might be an early start again this year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4th snow of the season lastnight.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[attachment=78440:1014070727a.jpg][attachment=78439:1014070727.jpg]

current conditions

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey smack z hows the snow up there thus far i am looking at coming up that way this week sometime if its good i know you guys are getting hammered up there and i have a throttle thumb with a itch i need to scratch real soon wondering about churches park area

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vail has 324" total so far. Amazing.
Rode Rabbit Ears and Grand Lake last weekend. Its full of snow.
Untracked powder all day. Buried my 159" MC twice. So fun!!!
Get out and ride, somewhere, anywhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I rode to Vasquez Creek and St Louis Creek a week ago Monday. Still good snow - trails getting bumpy ... did you all get the 20" they were predicting yesterday/last night?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bout half that and its settled already, got another 6" this weekend but it is gonna settle fast to with all the warm weather.Took these with my cell couple days ago

[attachment=93497:0228081102.jpg] [attachment=93498:0228081102a.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts