Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the arctic cat winch swith adapter that creates a factory type of look on your hadlebars...I went to install it and found that my rocker switch that came from Gorilla doesn't fit. So I am thinking that I will buy the Arctic Cat switch so the fit is right since my other one is on it's last leg anyways.

The question I have is wether it will wire up ok. If you look at the diagrams below, the Arctcat switch is part 21 and looks to have 2 wires that are connected that need to go to my keyed power source, whereas the Gorialla switch is a single wire. I know that I will probably have to chage the plugs to a common adapter at the solenoid.

You guys think the switch will be interchangeable...I am thinking it will be fine but wiring is not my strong point.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,547 Posts
I know it will work. Sanny runs that set up, AC factory switch and Gorilla everything else. I have warn contactor and gorilla switch.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It'll work man. The wiring is actually the same with regards to power. Both switches have a single power wire (looks like the AC has two, but it's only one). Both have two leads that go back to the solenoid.

If you have any questions about it during install, just shoot me a PM and I'll walk ya through it over the phone. Gravy job.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Just ordered. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I got the switch and at the keyed power wire, there is actually 2 wires that go into that plug. The black wire must be a ground....and....that black wire also goes back to the solenoid plug. My thought is that I can just remove that black wire. I need to cut the plugs off anyways since I don't have the same types of plugs on mine currently to connect into.

You guys agree that I should just go ahead and remove the black wire?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
You are correct boy wonder. Just cut it 3" or so from the plug just in case you need to reattach. You shouldn't need to, but as a safeguard.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Here is a schematic that might help. The red & black wire under the front cover near the steering stem is a two place bullet connector. You can use just the red wire if that is all that is needed.

[attachment=127559:AC_winch4.bmp]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (overdriv @ Apr 29 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here is a schematic that might help. The red & black wire under the front cover near the steering stem is a two place bullet connector. You can use just the red wire if that is all that is needed.

[attachment=127559:AC_winch4.bmp][/b]
Geat info! Thank you very much!

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts