Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried one of these winch ropes?
They are supposed to be stronger that the steel cables but how do they hold up to everyday use?

Northmoose

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I have them on my winches. To me, it's a must. If the steel breaks, it's a rocket comin' your way and you have literally no time to react. With the synthetic, it just drops. Plus, no shards to cut up your hand, it's lighter, and easier to use.

As far as every day use, I like it there too. I don't run my plow with it just to save some wear on it. Instead, I just use a strap for the plow. But that's just a short time of the year.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I agree. I think the Synthetic Rope is the way to go and I plan on switching over to it sometime in the future.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've got synthetic lines on both the front and rear winches on my machine and would not ever go back to steel. Mine are from Master pull. If you do a search here, there are lots of past threads with a ton of info and opinions. Other than cost, no one really ever has anything bad to say about the synthetics, regardless of brand.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If you search the web you can find pretty good deals out there... Gorrilla so far has the best price I've seen for 5/16 x 50' ... Master pull was a little more... but well worth it...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I am going to order one of the Gorrilla ropes. Originally I was going with amsteel but I like the thicker Gorrilla's.
I am also going to order an eight foot one to use with my snowplow.
I think I will go with the fairlead in the link below, it looks pretty cool.

Billet Flame ATV Fairlead

Northmoose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts