Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do winches mount to AC? I've seen and read enough to think the older ones need a mounting plate and the newer ones, 05-Present, mount directly to the bumper. Do all ATV winches mount with the same bolt pattern, or do they vary among models and manufacturers? Is it worth while to get an AC kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
gorilla winch makes/sells a mounting bracket for whatever your specific ATV is.
They have decent deals on ebay usually.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PBPoison @ Apr 9 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How do winches mount to AC? I've seen and read enough to think the older ones need a mounting plate and the newer ones, 05-Present, mount directly to the bumper. Do all ATV winches mount with the same bolt pattern, or do they vary among models and manufacturers? Is it worth while to get an AC kit?

Thanks[/b]
All 05 and newer ACs (400s & up) have the mount built in with the exception of the TRVs which had the mounts starting in 06. These all use the warn bolt pattern, which is also the same as gorillas and a few others. I think most, if not all, ATV manufacturers that have a mounting plate built into the machine, use the warn bolt pattern.

In my never to be humble opinion, the two reasons to buy the AC kit are for one, the decal, and two the ease of mind knowing it will work. The warn and gorilla kits are the same and easy to install.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts