Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New member of the board and I thank you in advance for your help.

2006 AC 500 Auto.

I want to mount a Warn winch to the front. Do I need any special brackets/attachment? It looks as if the frame is already set up for the winch to be mounted. There is a verticle flat plate on the front with a hole for the roller guide and a horizontal flat plate solid except for pre-drilled/tapped holes.

Thanks...I don't want to do the wrong thing.

Vinnie

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Warn 2500 and 3000 lb winches will mount to the front of your 500 with no other brackets needed. Just bolt it up and wire it according to your instructions. Good luck. If you run into any other problems, I'm sure that one of these nice folks on here will knock themselves over to try and help you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have an 07 400 and its the same as my little brothers 500 07 auto and i mounted it on the predrilled holes and -put the fairlead in the front. worked out great. any troubles just shout.

·
Registered
456 Posts
everything bolts right up. There enough space under your seat to put your sylanoid.This will help keep it up out of the water and junk. Putting the sylanoid down low just causes premature falure.Good luck. I think if you do a search you will find some pictures of some of the ways people have mounted all their hardware for their winch.It helped me when I installed mine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to all who replied. Your advice will make things much easier. Ride safe.

Vinnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.