Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will removing the 'blockoff' plate on the left side of my 08 f1000 lean the motor or will the onboard computer adjust for this? a racer/tuner freind of mine thinks it will and could hurt the motor, same goes for the aftermarket y- pipe, anybody had any issues doing these things? I just trail ride and dont wont any problems, what do you think ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jaissle @ Nov 10 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
will removing the 'blockoff' plate on the left side of my 08 f1000 lean the motor or will the onboard computer adjust for this? a racer/tuner freind of mine thinks it will and could hurt the motor, same goes for the aftermarket y- pipe, anybody had any issues doing these things? I just trail ride and dont wont any problems, what do you think ?[/b]
take it out thats 5 free horsepower and your sled will run better.As for the y-pipe u have 2 run premium and only wide open for 1-4 mile. Mine is a 07 i have y-pipe and open intake and run 87 octane but my sled has a richer ecu than 08. Ive kept mine wide open for a mile no prob. Just reringed sled at 3600 miles and my piston wash was picture perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts