Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PTO bearing spun in my daughter's 2000 ZL 440 chewing up the case and knocking the crank runout way out of whack. I found a bottom end from a 98 ZL 440 on ebay for a decent price. Will it fit? Will the 2000 jugs bolt on? The Y-pipe? The stator? Anyone know? I'd hate to buy it and find out that it doesn't work. Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i would think it would be a direct bolt in. I put a 2002 600 in a '98 ZL 440 chassis. Get on brownsleisureworld.com and toggle back & forth between part numbers for each year. if the motor mounts part numbers are the same then you shouldn't have any probs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (skislut @ Feb 18 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i would think it would be a direct bolt in. I put a 2002 600 in a '98 ZL 440 chassis. Get on brownsleisureworld.com and toggle back & forth between part numbers for each year. if the motor mounts part numbers are the same then you shouldn't have any probs.[/b]
I'm pretty sure it'll fit in the chassis, but since it isn't a complete engine I'm gonna need to use the 2000 jugs,head, and stator on the '98 motor. For example a different key position on the crank would hatch the timing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roamer7 @ Feb 18 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The PTO bearing spun in my daughter's 2000 ZL 440 chewing up the case and knocking the crank runout way out of whack. I found a bottom end from a 98 ZL 440 on ebay for a decent price. Will it fit? Will the 2000 jugs bolt on? The Y-pipe? The stator? Anyone know? I'd hate to buy it and find out that it doesn't work. Thanks.[/b]
According to Browns leisure world microfiche, all the part numbers match for the bottom end as well as the top end. So i'd say it will definatly fit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts