Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear, from the owners of Wildcats, without slamming other makes, why I should buy an new Wildcat X I have an XP4 rzr and I do like it, but I no longer need the 4 seater, looking for a replacement, wanting to hear honest long term review of the regular wildcat and any problems. Thank you guys in advance for an honest opinion, and any real problems that you have had.Rockerdude

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Ben, great start....I love the power of my XP4 love the suspension, but I am on my 3rd motor, and 3 right front axle, and 3rd set of front end bushings, I want some hard info. Are they built better, do the same things fail prematurely? what are the weak links? Are the parts ridiculously expensive? How long does it take to get parts, and are they readily available?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
either you guys don't really like your WIldcats, or just dont like to brag about them..I do not think they ride better than an xp4 I rode a friends last year and it rode well, but I found the handling not to be crisp as my xp. I am more interested in the long term, and problems, and solutions, than opinions about how they ride, look, etc. From what I have seen shifter cables are an issue, tie rods bend easily, I have heard of some people having motor failure at very low hours..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen differential failures, cv problems, engine problems with my xp, mainly front diffs, and cv's motors seem fragile as well, so how does that compare to everyones experience with the Wildcat??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've got over 1200 miles on mine and its been great. The ride is awesome and its a blast to drive. I live in MN so I mostly ride trails, no sand dunes. The only issue I've had is with the clutching. The 2012 has a wet clutch set up like the ATV's and prowlers. Once you tune it right its great, but it seems like the springs sack out or something cause I'm continually changing things to keep the rpm's up to where they should be. The new Wildcats including the X have a new and better clutch system that should solve the problem. Other than that I have no complaints about my Wildcat.

Reactions: R955

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
As For Parts Countrycat Cat happy
Oh Really Like My Wildcat Yes I Had A Bad Motor But Was Replace

Reactions: R955

·
Registered
335 Posts
either you guys don't really like your WIldcats, or just dont like to brag about them..I do not think they ride better than an xp4 I rode a friends last year and it rode well, but I found the handling not to be crisp as my xp. I am more interested in the long term, and problems, and solutions, than opinions about how they ride, look, etc. From what I have seen shifter cables are an issue, tie rods bend easily, I have heard of some people having motor failure at very low hours..
You seem to think different than the utv mags and Dirt Trax TV about the ride and handling. Utv Mag just said the WC X could be the Fastest best riding utv EVER!

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
You seem to think different than the utv mags and Dirt Trax TV about the ride and handling. Utv Mag just said the WC X could be the Fastest best riding utv EVER!
I believe that statement to be in a specific context. (wide open spaces)
They are awful long and wide to be fast in quad trails. Gotta steer with the throttle or do the back up and go forward thing in some corners. Just my opinion.
The proposed 50" WildCat will prolly be better but it's been rumored that it will have a different motor. (baby v-twin)
Either option will prolly work really good but ofcourse will have draw backs. Have fun. ;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I believe that statement to be in a specific context. (wide open spaces)
They are awful long and wide to be fast in quad trails. Gotta steer with the throttle or do the back up and go forward thing in some corners. Just my opinion.
The proposed 50" WildCat will prolly be better but it's been rumored that it will have a different motor. (baby v-twin)
Either option will prolly work really good but ofcourse will have draw backs. Have fun. ;)
I've actually had mine on some pretty tight trails and it does surprisingly well. Rock sliders are a must though. After breaking a couple of rocker panel pieces I bought some rock slider or in my case tree sliders. Also there is a mod you can do to get tighter steering. I may end up trying it just to see how much it helps.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
X2 ^^^^

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
wc208 on this forum has been beating his since he got it. launched it of a ramp roughly 5-6' tall, runs mudraces, and drives it pretty regularly. to me if it can handle the abuse plus ride the trails its a win. Personally i would want the 50" version when it comes out and it seems a little long but from the one i test drove and jumps and beat on its good in my book. I have ridden with a polaris rzr s but ridden in one. i can say it holds it own in the trails and mud as well but being an 800 it seems like it lacks some of the power you will get with the 1000. I guess it depends on what you are going to do with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have spoken to a few of those guys, and they NEVER say anything bad about ANY brand, just because they like it, does not make it true. THey said that about the old WIldcat, and XP 900 but there are problems with both. My xp4 rides amazing, I rode the original Wildcat, it rode great also, but no better than my 900 4. So to make a blanket statement that they are better, and give no explanation why, is not what I am after, what are they like to live with? I can tell you my experience with Polaris dealers have been negative, and Polaris corporate has been pretty damn good, the engine problems are annoying but not everyone or even the majority of them are even having issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts