Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have kind of looked on here but what all parts are needed to change the standard zr chassis with aws5 to the newer wider 43" stance? i have heard it called a 2000 arm conversion what is all needed so i can see if the swap is worth it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think all you need is just the four control arms and the tie rods for the steering. You would look for the 43" stance on an '01 and up ZR. You are best off to search salvage yards or ebay for the parts. I am not 100% sure that is all you would need, so you should check the online microfische from www.brownsleisureworld.com and look at the '01 and newer sleds. This is all assuming your ZR1 is a 97 ZR440 or a 98 or 99 Sno Pro, which would make sense, since you said you have a Sno Pro, with AWS5 . I thought that is the only ZR1 with the AWS5 bulkhead, with all other ZR1s being AWS3 and 4. A lot of people here have done it, so I am sure someone will say for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess if that is the same as the zr1 with aws5 then yea that will be the info i need. i was just going put on other stuff that would work but i will give there way a try first and see what it does.

Thanks alot for the help finding the info guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts