Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from a snowmobile classified site :p

1. The average age of a snowmobiler is 41 years of age.

2. Approximately 70% of all active snowmobilers are male; 30% female.

3. 60% of all snowmobilers belong to a snowmobile club or a state or provincial association.

4. 70% of all snowmobilers are married.

5. The average annual household income of a snowmobiler is $72,000.00.

6. 70% of all snowmobilers recognize the Safe Riders! logo and understand the position statement.

7. 65% of all snowmobilers trailer their snowmobile to where they usually ride.

8. 35% of snowmobilers ride from either their vacation home or their main residence.

9. Snowmobilers are active in their winter recreation lifestyle choice. The average snowmobiler rides their snowmobile 17 days during the winter.

10. Snowmobilers continue to spend quite a bit of money while snowmobiling. The majority of snowmobilers report they spend almost $3,000.00 per year enjoying snowmobiling. That does not include the price of a snowmobile and/or trailer.

11. Snowmobiling is an important economic engine for rural areas. Over $27 Billion in economic activity is generated by snowmobilers and the economic engine generates over 85,000 full time jobs.

12. Snowmobile registrations in the United States remain close to record levels. In 2006 there were 1,690,484 registered snowmobiles in the US.

13. Snowmobiling activity proves to offer a great healthy lifestyle. Approximately 40% of all snowmobilers are 50 years of age or older and their passion for snowmobiling is well known.

14. Snowmobilers ride their snowmobile approximately 1000 miles per year.

15. Snowmobilers enjoy the outdoors year around. A high percentage of snowmobilers own recreational vehicles for camping, and many snowmobilers own motorized boats for summer recreation.

16. The main reason people snowmobile is to enjoy the great outdoors and be with their families and friends. Snowmobilers are very social folks who enjoy each other's company and enjoy spending time with their family and friends in the great outdoors. Their healthy lifestyle is good for the mind and body.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See now when people complain about snowmobilers you can just tell them how we contribute to the econmy :p

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they meant if u add up all the riding time it = 17 days which is like 17 x 24 = 408. So on average they ride 408 hours :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canadianfcat @ Feb 4 2007, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
$3000 a year...don't let the wife see that one!![/b]

I'd be happy if the wife saw that. Hope she doesn't really find out what I spend. eekkk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good post. # 13 & 16 realy apply to me the most.
Enjoy, enjoy :super_happy: the great out doors while snowmobiling...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts