Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No, that is not it at all. This was comparing them back to back, putting them into my enclosed trailer, after riding them for a few hours, fully warmed up. The Z1 grips are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hotter.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Understood.
My 2014 XF7000 four stroke had no hotter, or colder grips than our current 2017 & 2018 ZR6000.
In my mind, that rules out 4 vs 2 stroke stator output.

The grips on my old 97 ZR600 triple had OK heat. When the heaters failed I install RSI heaters with their ODI Ruffian grips.
Could not leave the heaters on high for long. They melted the ODI grips twice. Both times RSI covered them.
Final time around I went with the harder grips. Worked great, but could not leave them on high for long.
Didn't melt, but got too hot.

I rationalize that the heaters design is what matters. Not the stators regulated output.

I have not tried the RSI heaters on our 17/18 sleds. I have no complaints about my 17.
My Wife may get the RSI's because, even when dressed according to the body's design, her hands still get cold.

Tip on the RSI grips...get the grip glue so the heat transfers more evenly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys out there in the "real-cold" have some pretty hi-tech hand warmers. Out west we like to keep it simple. The only drawback is we have to be a passenger to use them. California Hand Warmers.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts