Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Have a 94 ZR 580. Rebuilt engine this season from the block up. Reinstalled and all good. Rode a few times with last weekend being the most at one time and had no problems with anything. Last night I was unloading it off my trailer to ride. Rode a lap around my house warming up parked it to finish getting ready and went to leave and no go. Found the belt was worn out I guess. It was sitting about an inch or more down in the. Secondary pulley. I put my spare belt on which was used and it move good then. Could belt just be old? It is a good 5 years old but not Hugh mileage. Clutch out of adjustment? I don't have alignment tool but by hand it seems on and I never changed mounting position of engine mounts. Clutch frozen? I trailered them today thru a lot of wet roads and parked it for 8 hours before riding. I am getting a new belt this morning as I am going on a 150 mile ride but wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks all

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Did you let the sled coast to a stop when you stopped after warming it up or did you hit the brakes?

Only reason i ask is if you hit the brakes and the track locked up the secondary isn't allowed to shift back out.

I have done that before and was like starting out in 3rd gear on a car.

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered if it was something like that I did use the brakes. It was dark out and I was in the middle of the yard under a yard light so hard to see. But I put the spare on and it sat in the pullies like it should. And inspecting the belt I don't see any major issues so I was thinking it was something like that. We will find out today as I received over a foot of snow last night and called in sick today. na na Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts