Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can go on and on how I am being laughed at by my ski doo buddies. My f8 is the slowest sled I have ever owned. Anybody have an answer why 600 Rev's are staying with me. Do you think it's this new Diamond Drive? What can I do to make this thing rock? Please tell me I don't have to spend any more money to get this thing to be where it is suppose to be.

They sure talked the talk about this sled, but far from walking the walk. I am embarrassed to even be caught riding this thing. I'm not used to loosing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you still on your first tank of gas with pre-mix in it? How many miles do you have on it? I haven't heard of guys who have F8's saying that they're slow, maybe something isn't right with your sled or the previous things I asked may apply. I have an F8 but I have some mods on it; V-Force3 reeds, D&D Y-pipe, Speedwerx air breather, and believe me it goes plenty fast; had it to 100 plus a few times with no problem but I backed off the throttle each time it went past 100; someday I'll see what it'll do on a good frozen lake. Anyway I'd have your sled checked out; no way is the F8 a pooch, even in box stock form. Good Luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont worry mine is slow also! got beat by a freakin cross fire w/ a guy that weighs 30 lbs more then i do! wasnt to happy! im still on my first tank im just hopeing that this sled wakes up, other wise im going to get back on the f7 and sell the f8!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I have got about 300 miles on my F8SP and it screams, completely stock. The first tank will be sluggish...you must be patient. The more miles I get the better it gets.

Rockerdude

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Got some speedrun results from saturday. 660' snow track
04 F-7 piped & clutched 86 mph
03 F-7 nos 90 mph
06 Vector 70 mph
07 F-1000 clutched & picked 73 mph slaphappy

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g1lby @ Jan 30 2007, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have got about 300 miles on my F8SP and it screams, completely stock. The first tank will be sluggish...you must be patient. The more miles I get the better it gets.

Rockerdude[/b]
I agree with g1lby. It reminds me of my F7 in that it had a noticeable change in engine noise (and performance) right around 300 miles. I'm leaving on Thursday for another trip, and will hopefully see what she's got for power now that I'm studded and have my new skis on it. The last word that comes to my mind with this sled is "pooch". It's far from it. I don't know if I'll have the top end my F7 had (since it was lighter, more aerodynamic, and I was lighter too LOL), but it gets to 100mph in a hurry and I love that!!!

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 30 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
03 F-7 nos 90 mph
06 Vector 70 mph
07 F-1000 clutched & picked 73 mph slaphappy[/b]
The F1000 ... clutched in what way??? That's horrible. Lack of traction or belt slipping?

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IceCold @ Jan 29 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
dont worry mine is slow also! got beat by a freakin cross fire w/ a guy that weighs 30 lbs more then i do! wasnt to happy! im still on my first tank im just hopeing that this sled wakes up, other wise im going to get back on the f7 and sell the f8![/b]

If you are going back to your F7 instead of your F series...... you're an idiot or you haven't ridden your F, cause other then in a drag race the F is twice the sled of the Firecat!

·
Registered
412 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 30 2007, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
03 F-7 nos 90 mph
06 Vector 70 mph
Are you serious??? I hate to admit it, but somehow I'm led to believe you on those speeds. Any more (gory) details or reports??? – Roy

·
Registered
76 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dewalt17 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IceCold @ Jan 29 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont worry mine is slow also! got beat by a freakin cross fire w/ a guy that weighs 30 lbs more then i do! wasnt to happy! im still on my first tank im just hopeing that this sled wakes up, other wise im going to get back on the f7 and sell the f8![/b]

If you are going back to your F7 instead of your F series...... you're an idiot or you haven't ridden your F, cause other then in a drag race the F is twice the sled of the Firecat!
[/b][/quote]
i see your still throwing out useless insults at people, you didnt learn from getting kicked off HCS huh?

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flamin @ Jan 30 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dewalt17 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IceCold @ Jan 29 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
i see your still throwing out useless insults at people, you didnt learn from getting kicked off HCS huh?
[/b][/quote]

What are you talking about...... ROOKIE?

·
Registered
41 Posts
sorry to here your new f's are not up to speed yet. i've spent a weekend on a dealer demo f-1000 and felt that it was very strong right up to 100mph and did'nt seem to want to build much speed after that. not what i had expected for the 1000 motor. when i returned that sled the dealer rode it twice that week and claimed after hitting two hundred miles or so it wasn't the same sled and now continues to build better top speeds. spent this weekend breaking in new f-8 and after 50 miles of on and off the throttle it was time to let it rip, ( keep in mind that before i left my shop i set the toe out on the skis which was way off and toed in when i started, now i've got it set at 1/4" out, properly tensioned the track, was way to tight, and made a baseline setting for the suspension before leaving). what i found was a f-7 will give these new f's a fit in a race and should be a great race between the two, but i think my f-8 will still win and my f-8 was very impressive to 100mph. i honestly believe that the 8 will drive the 1000 crazy in a race and so will a f-7. that stinks if you shelled out the money for the 1000. this weekend i'll have my f-7 sp and my f-8 on the lake to see where two stack up in a race, should be close and that works for me. at this point and limited seat time i can say i don't miss the f-7 one bit and very happy with the f-8. one other thing was the fuel mileage on the f-8 was 14.3 mpg .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cathog, you better bring Dale from DD because my brother tells me he wants to race you with your Arctic tractors......he said he is ready since he is picked :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think with a little time on the new F sleds most will be very happy. I think it will be very hard to replace the F-7 on the lakes but as for on the trails I think the new F sleds handles better then the F-7 will ever think about, I only say this because I have a 03- f-7 ? that is a rocket on the lakes but it sucks as a trail sled as I came off the ZR chassie. I did ride a F-8 Sno Pro this past weekend for a short time and it seems to be very flat in the corners, Like most Sno Pros it lacks the transfur and hook up in drag racing but I'm sure with a little time spent adjusting it will come around. So don't give up hope yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an F8 snopro and I don't agree with the "this is a slow sled" crowd. I have about 400 miles on it is all and it truly is an arm strecher. I can blow by 100 easily before I chicken out and shut it down, and as a trail sled it is awsome. I love it.
If you are having issues with it during the first tank, be patient, it does wake up.

Good luck

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Jan 30 2007, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 30 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
03 F-7 nos 90 mph
06 Vector 70 mph
The F1000 ... clutched in what way??? That's horrible. Lack of traction or belt slipping?
[/b][/quote]
The 2 F-7's and the F-1000 all rolled out of the same trailer. Owned by a long time CAT dealer from Wi who has several ISR sanctioned IMP STOCK class wins and championships over many years. His tuning ability is well respected, and im surprised as much as others regarding the 73 mph speed. Just goes to show that box stock out of the crate manufacturer setups SUCK, and they ALL need some serious tuning to get close to their MAX POTENTIAL. Especially todays ECU fuel mapping.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cathog @ Jan 30 2007, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sorry to here your new f's are not up to speed yet. i've spent a weekend on a dealer demo f-1000 and felt that it was very strong right up to 100mph and did'nt seem to want to build much speed after that. not what i had expected for the 1000 motor. when i returned that sled the dealer rode it twice that week and claimed after hitting two hundred miles or so it wasn't the same sled and now continues to build better top speeds. spent this weekend breaking in new f-8 and after 50 miles of on and off the throttle it was time to let it rip, ( keep in mind that before i left my shop i set the toe out on the skis which was way off and toed in when i started, now i've got it set at 1/4" out, properly tensioned the track, was way to tight, and made a baseline setting for the suspension before leaving). what i found was a f-7 will give these new f's a fit in a race and should be a great race between the two, but i think my f-8 will still win and my f-8 was very impressive to 100mph. i honestly believe that the 8 will drive the 1000 crazy in a race and so will a f-7. that stinks if you shelled out the money for the 1000. this weekend i'll have my f-7 sp and my f-8 on the lake to see where two stack up in a race, should be close and that works for me. at this point and limited seat time i can say i don't miss the f-7 one bit and very happy with the f-8. one other thing was the fuel mileage on the f-8 was 14.3 mpg .[/b]
i don't know what f1000 you seen lose to a f7 but i'll tell you right now no f7 is going to beat my f1000 at any time or any place nor a f8 and mine is bone stock with picks and maybe because i have 700 miles on it and it did take these miles to bring it around that is for sure and there is a call back on ecu to get more fuel in midrange and to take some away from the top end and it makes 5 mph more top end the bad honking sled will go way over a 100 it does 100 at not even 3/4 throttle, it might be the way people break them in, ***** break in makes ***** sled lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
either I had 4 slow firecat or 1 fast f1000.I owned a 03,04,05,06 stock firecat 700 that would run aprox 103 to 108 mph on my gps top end and now my f1000 with 1000miles is running 118 to 120 mph no problem and it is all stock machines.So either I am lucky with that f1000 or I need a new gps..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts