Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Pffft lol 60 bux for 50% more hp not a box in the world will ever do that...unless it has a bbk,cams,turbo and nos

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is one of the worst crook sales I have ever seen. I have seen these back in 2001 and you can also get the same chip at radio shack for 25 cents. I have seen people buy these chips and seen no improvement for there vehicle. Its like one of them fart mufflers kids stick on there cars. On the box it says up to 25 HP lol. so they stick that on and there up to 50HP wing and there up to 100HP cold air intake and they now have a 10 sec 700 HP car with all the added UP TO HP hahahahah.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is amazing that people are foolish enough to believe these thing, a machine that only has 40-50 hp to begin with and one lil chip gives you 50% more power, but snake oil sure is tasty.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
If I buy two will I end up with 100hp???:D

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Hold the phone gents, I bought it and it's a huge improvement in performance. My 700 will hit 83 mph now and wheelie like crazy.
Believe it or not this little thing works.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Crap, I thought it was April 1st (fool's day)
The only way that thing will make your quad faster is if you carry around 60 bucks in pennies and paid for that "thing" with 120 lbs of loose change.
I'm guessing the money back guarantee isnt going work either.

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
Your going to need chrome muffler bearings to support all that added HP. a four speed 8 track and a good supply of blinker fluid. Make sure you check your foo foo valve on a regular basis as they wear out from all the hot air. Plus drop your air pressure by 2 lbs per tire as that will save you a total of 8 lbs your not carrying around.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Like that old commercial about using an engine addtive , then draining all the oil out and driving to California from BFE.
I'm thinking to myself, how does the hydraulic lifters stay pumped up without any oil in them?
Must be they had the "special chip" in the ECU.

The latest greatest is adding helium in the tires. Yup you have to add weight to keep your quad in contact with planet earth.
Dont leave your quad un-attended! it could end up in china overnight!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Your going to need chrome muffler bearings to support all that added HP. a four speed 8 track and a good supply of blinker fluid. Make sure you check your foo foo valve on a regular basis as they wear out from all the hot air. Plus drop your air pressure by 2 lbs per tire as that will save you a total of 8 lbs your not carrying around.
You really need to also upgrade your piston return springs, without them you will definitely break the stock ones with some much more HP.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you add that chip you also have to grease your 5th wheel. I will wait to see how many understand that. Also dont forget the blinker juice!

·
Administrator
40,631 Posts
If you add that chip you also have to grease your 5th wheel. I will wait to see how many understand that. Also dont forget the blinker juice!
Read above^^^ i already posted blinker fluid lol
Ruffy you should get one!
Big gun Eco-
Dayco xtx
Harbor freight winch
Fake Chip
J/k I know you have thick skin

·
Registered
435 Posts
Read above^^^ i already posted blinker fluid lol
Ruffy you should get one!
Big gun Eco-
Dayco xtx
Harbor freight winch
Fake Chip
J/k I know you have thick skin

HAHAHA I hear that. Even if the Dayco breaks 20 miles from home still the biggest disappointing purchase is that damn Big Gun exhaust. And hey that winch kicks *** lol. I pulled a couple of trees off trails with it so far. I have no regrets for the winch. Its my 5th one I have bought and never had any issues with any of them. Always sold them with the trucks or ATV's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A friend of mine bought a "cheap one" from Ebay. I had a look at it & wasn't impressed with the way it tied into the wiring harness. It came with the "ScotchLok" type connectors to splice into the wiring. I am not a big fan of these connectors.
He installed it & didn't notice any improvement, but once it is installed I feel it is hard to remove it without causing further damage to the wiring.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Remember guys/gals you'll need a new power band if you order one of these chips.
I went with a bi-colored one this time, Chartreuse and Mauve.
What a difference!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I really want to try this, i think its awesome really heavy machines which i like most, one of my Favorite but never tried yet.
WTF did you just say I dunno

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
^^^^^^^ hahahahaha!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:slaphappy

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you read the small print its "only to be used in conjunction with a flux capacitor" which i think takes 1.21 jigawatts or a bolt of lightning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.