Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you use the MRP attachments for your cat? It doesn't seem to be talked about very much on this site, maybe no one uses them but if you do tell us what you have and if you have any pictures with them on your cat post them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the chainsaw holder, a front basket and a custom rear box that works on mrp

I have bought a set of the kolphin clamps and I am making them work on the mrp

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,

I have two different styles of baskets and they work great. I also have the speed rack box attachments and those are they bomb I can put om or take off the box in seconds. I also have several custom speed rack attachments that I have made my self from flag holders, so you do not need to carry wrenches with you to put up and down your flag to gps antennas holders. and so on I really thinks the speed rack is half the reason i bought my cat. OH and I also have the back rest for the cats too. they are great on those long rides with the wife.

lead.

sorry no pics

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Only one I needed was the Chain Saw scabbard and it works great. been looking at making some of my own custom stuff for it tho..

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I've got two baskets, the round one for buckets (bait) and the square one for anything else, and I got the ice auger holder, which is really nice. I use the whole shot mainly for ice fishing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MacEng @ Feb 8 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Front rack basket and MRP box quick attach rails to make my own MRP rear seat.[/b]
MacEng I like your idea for passenger footrests, do you have any better pics of that, is it homemade or purchased?
Also how difficult was it to put the MRP rails on the bottom of your rear seat, can we purchase the rails seperately?
Nice looking ride you got there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i made my own.... the cooler rack on the rear and the radiator holder on the front

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the fishing rod holder and cradle. Works great. I also have the speed rack system for the rear box. Fabricated my own bucket holder for the rear and grill holder for the front. All slip into the speed rack and work great. Enclosed is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prowler @ Feb 8 2007, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MacEng @ Feb 8 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Front rack basket and MRP box quick attach rails to make my own MRP rear seat.[/b]
MacEng I like your idea for passenger footrests, do you have any better pics of that, is it homemade or purchased?
Also how difficult was it to put the MRP rails on the bottom of your rear seat, can we purchase the rails seperately?
Nice looking ride you got there. :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]

This thread should answer any questions you have.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...ic=41742&hl

If you have anymore, feel free to ask. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MacEng I looked at your link but I would like to know about your passenger footrests. They look like
something you purchased if so where did you get them or did you manufacture them yourself?
Thanks again for the pics.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (prowler @ Feb 8 2007, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MacEng I looked at your link but I would like to know about your passenger footrests. They look like
something you purchased if so where did you get them or did you manufacture them yourself?
Thanks again for the pics.[/b]
I have almost the same set up as MacEng. The fender protector/foot rests are made by Kimpex, sold in pairs and they're around $140.00 Canadian a set. They're very stout. I also used the Multi Rack brackets on the bottom of the Kimpex trunk. So it comes off quickly. Way better than the U bolts.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MacEng @ Feb 9 2007, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Borat is right, 'very nice, high-five!'

The pegs come with the fender bars.

Check the link here, you can order the stuff online if you want too.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/shoppingc...dex_s_04_A.html[/b]

Yessss, vary niiiiiiice but many roubles for the brackets.

I like to use the multi rack brackets but a $50.00 a set, they cost more than some of the boxes and attachments I'm going to use. I think the trick is to use the brackets so they can be quick released from the attachment. Rather than using through bolts to bolt the attachment to the bracket, use multi holed cross drilled clevis pins that can drop through the attachment and bracket holes and lock them in with quick release hair pin cotter pins. Effectively, you get all of the convenience of the MRP system at a fraction of the cost. I don't think I'd use it on big/heavy load attachments but certainly on smaller applications.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the Chain saw attachment as well as the front basket and a fender bag.

all work great and have had not probs......just a reminder I was told no clips (or whatever they are called) came with the attachements but once I got the attachments they were all included.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have been wondering about the chainsaw attachment for the SR system - is it really stable - and what size saw is it good up to - I have a husky 350 with a 20" bar - should there be any issues other than remembering you have something attached to the side now.

Been out riding on back roads lately and having to clear live fall from winds.

Sure would like to finda a better way to attach to the bike without scratching the hell out of my racks

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the chainsaw MRP and love it. I use a Stihl 18 inch bar with no problem. Length of bar doesn't matter since it extends over the back of the bike. You can mount it on the side, but then your that much wider.

They are expensive ~$100.00 but very sturdy. If you cut alot you'll love it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not really a matter of "cut a lot" but more piece of mind when out and you can't get around the fall. I like haveing my bags on my quad more than removing them so I can put a saw on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
the chainsaw holder will have no prob with you saw. It will hold the saw very stable, and it sure is better than trying to strap it down to the racks

the best place to put it is directly in the back.

I carry mine almost everytime I ride fence or my trails

1 - 19 of 19 Posts