1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
what is the highest top speed you've recorded on your speedo?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have gotten it up to 105 kms an hour on flat gravel road but i had to let off due to it still getting broke in it only has 286kms on it so far.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
thats 65.25 MPH... thats pretty fast, faster than i would have firgured... my stock V2 would do 68-70MPH... my brother in law has got a 06 V2 that will do 75MPH with only an ignition box and the tires pumped up to 15PSI!!.. but i bet with the VDI box the 700EFI has amazing low end grunt..

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i do!!! get those small tires off there and about a 70 lb system and radiator up front and try it.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cweinzatl35 @ Apr 23 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
but i bet with the VDI box the 700EFI has amazing low end grunt..[/b]
oh it will be a totally new machine! mine will do 65, but i have no need to take it that fast again.

vdi has confirmed 4wd burnouts on shop concrete from a dig Rockerdude :thumbsup: Rockerdude

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i havent changed the oil its going in this weekend to have all the oils changed and its a bone stock 700 tho i have no mods yet so i think its got alot of power for stock. Im looking at a clutch kit cuz im thinking of going with either 27 or 28 inch tires soon so. maybe a efi controller possibly

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mainerider @ Apr 23 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't want to pee on your parade but i got 2 05 650V2s one with moose mod and clutch springs and other bone stock and i weigh in 300plus and i can wheelie both setting on the seat if i don't let off them they would go over backwards :tongue_nana: :tongue_nana:[/b]

Ditto here!! :wheelie:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Did a Little Brake stand with my 400... until my wife started throwing things at me to stop !!! mikeyslap heehee

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nice vids did you do this in low or high range?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I spent a bunch of time on my new 2006 700efi this past weekend while helping at a Nat'l Hare Scramble Race. The Cat did great. I pulled stuck trucks, a few trailers, and many, many broke down motorcycles. This Cat will pull a wheelie anywhere at anytime. The 4wheel drive works great in the mud and deep water. I can definitely tell why everyone says it won't turn though. The front end pushes like crazy! If you get on the gas while turning you can pull the inside front tire up off the ground. It looks great when it does it though. I will definitely take the stock tires off and may go with the sway bar mod.
THIS CAT ROCKS

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wheelie sitting flat on my ass.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cardio the wheelies were in high gear and i could have done it sitting down just this is my first quad i dont wanna flip my 12 thousand dollar machine over so i wasnt holding it to the bar....the brake stand was in low altho im really sure it will do that in high gear. If i wheelie it in low ill end up wearing my quad...lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can wheelie my 500 auto in high and it is stock with a winch and brush guard. It's easy if I am kneeling on the seat with my feet on the back rack. It's a lot harder if I'm sitting down. I've only been able to do it a couple of times that way. I'm 6'0 and weigh 185 lbs. I don't know if that helps or hurts. Also, when it was new, I could barely get the front tires off the ground. This thing just keeps getting stronger!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dont wanna rain on ur parade but those wheelies are nothing. WHen i do wheelies i have to kneel on my 06 500. But i can go about 50 yards and have it almost grinding on the rear bumper...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I posted about a year ago trying to find out a "unified" definition of what a true wheelie is and if you do a search on that post"What is a true wheelie?????" you will see most people agreed that a true wheelie is from a sitting postion stabbing the throttle and getting the quad up with no body english. Not kneeling or standing or what ever else is needed to get the front end off the ground.Just my 2 cents on this.I'm sure once VDI releases the module for the 700Cat you will fall into the "TRUE" definition of a wheelie.NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE :wheelie: :wheelie: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
:bs: bsflag I remember your post. But I feel if you can get the front end off the ground other than using a jack it is a wheelie. IMHO

·
Registered
750 Posts
So what your saying Cardio is that even if you put a bag of CEMENT on the back rack and sit on that and pull your arms back behind your ears and the front end of your quad comes up its a wheelie.I like it that means every quad out there can pull a wheelie under the RIGHT circumstances. bang your head

1 - 20 of 27 Posts