Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the engine on the 400 4x4? I've heard that it's the same engine on the Suzuki Eiger. If that's the case, couldn't I just buy engine upgrades for an Eiger? The reason I ask, is because I'm having a hard time finding performance parts specifically for A/C.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It's a zuki motor, but it may have a different CDI. The Cat 700 is the Zuki motor, but you can't use the performance chip for the Suzuki on the Cat. LIkely a CDI difference I'd think. If you're looking for stuff like pistons, etc... then you're good.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I should also note that I had read a while ago (likely about a year or so) that the part numbers don't match, but the parts themselves are the same. Why that is, not sure, but it's certainly worth noting. I believe the same applies for the Kawi V2 engine...different part numbers, but the same part in form and function. Still, it would be wise to double check that info, just to be sure. Maybe a dealer member here could chime in?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
So does that mean any slip on exhaust for the Zuki 400 will work on the AC 400??

·
Registered
96 Posts
The exhaust probably wouldn't work since fitment would hinge on the frame, not the engine. Other add ons (internal or engine mods only) should work though.
Part# differences are the same with Dodge/Mitsubitshi. Same engines, different part#s most of the time. Some are the same though....

·
Administrator
20,055 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Green4004x4 @ Apr 5 2007, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So does that mean any slip on exhaust for the Zuki 400 will work on the AC 400??[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flyinscootrpilot @ Apr 5 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The exhaust probably wouldn't work since fitment would hinge on the frame, not the engine. Other add ons (internal or engine mods only) should work though.
Part# differences are the same with Dodge/Mitsubitshi. Same engines, different part#s most of the time. Some are the same though....[/b]
you have to go to aftermarket catalogs to see what parts will and will not swap,, wiseco for pistons, either cometic or vesrah for gaskets, L.A. sleeve co for sleeve comparisons (if pistons are not listed anywhere for common models),, and ngk is another good one based on plugs, vesrah, hotrods, and niks for rods are just a few to research on,,,, happy shopping

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know if I have to buy parts for my motor(700), I go to the Suzuki dealer rather than AC. The prices are almost half. I had to buy a new spark plug cap. The one from AC was almost $35.00 and the one from Suzuki was $18.00. And there were identical. I don't mind a little mark-up but that is overkill!!!

Mitch

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
C-note nailed it. They aren't going to advertise which changes were made (if any) between the Cat and Suzuki. If it were mine, I'd do the research up front and then make the order. I think the engine itself is going to be the same, but exhause, tranny, etc... could have nuances.

·
Registered
257 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Apr 5 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
C-note nailed it. They aren't going to advertise which changes were made (if any) between the Cat and Suzuki. If it were mine, I'd do the research up front and then make the order. I think the engine itself is going to be the same, but exhause, tranny, etc... could have nuances.[/b]

That is all I was talking about was for engine components. Everything else on the quad is different

Mitch

·
Administrator
20,055 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mitchman @ Apr 5 2007, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That is all I was talking about was for engine components. Everything else on the quad is different

Mitch[/b]
Bold,, That is exactly what I am referring to in my ''research'' forewarning, be careful guys

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
heehee ... Research is my favorite... unless it's an emergency and I absolutly need the part today I try to find what I need as close as possible.... if not I'll spend weeks looking for the best deal I can find on the EXACT part I need... not a china remake of melted down Schlitz cans...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts