Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XTZ1000 and have full muzzy system PC-V Powercommander and a custom Dual TB setup and am looking for the next step. At this time there are no ignition boxes availible ( Which will be soon and as soon as it is I will be all over it ) so for now I am thinking the next mod should be the cams. I am wondering who out there has used aftermarket cams and what type of driving do they do and what kind of power was gained. I have done work to the clutch for increased RPM and will be sending my primarys to AIRDAM on Monday to help get me up in the 7K+ rpm all the time so I believe cams that increased high rpm power would make a great increase of peak power.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 7 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an XTZ1000 and have full muzzy system PC-V Powercommander and a custom Dual TB setup and am looking for the next step. At this time there are no ignition boxes availible ( Which will be soon and as soon as it is I will be all over it ) so for now I am thinking the next mod should be the cams. I am wondering who out there has used aftermarket cams and what type of driving do they do and what kind of power was gained. I have done work to the clutch for increased RPM and will be sending my primarys to AIRDAM on Monday to help get me up in the 7K+ rpm all the time so I believe cams that increased high rpm power would make a great increase of peak power.[/b]

Those things are supposed to go over 70 mph stock...Any truth to that adubaz ?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Nov 7 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 7 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an XTZ1000 and have full muzzy system PC-V Powercommander and a custom Dual TB setup and am looking for the next step. At this time there are no ignition boxes availible ( Which will be soon and as soon as it is I will be all over it ) so for now I am thinking the next mod should be the cams. I am wondering who out there has used aftermarket cams and what type of driving do they do and what kind of power was gained. I have done work to the clutch for increased RPM and will be sending my primarys to AIRDAM on Monday to help get me up in the 7K+ rpm all the time so I believe cams that increased high rpm power would make a great increase of peak power.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
This one does 75mph stock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4EAmqsaTE

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Savageman69 @ Nov 7 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Nov 7 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 7 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
This one does 75mph stock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4EAmqsaTE
[/b][/quote]

Wow thanks for sharing that vid 69...Thats fast for a UTV...Gotta love it though. Cat happy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one was big and heavy my stock speedo said about 80mph but that is probably more like 70ish on GPS

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 8 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That one was big and heavy my stock speedo said about 80mph but that is probably more like 70ish on GPS[/b]

Are The speedo's that far off adubazn ?...Still 70ish with a UTV is fast.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 8 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That one was big and heavy my stock speedo said about 80mph but that is probably more like 70ish on GPS[/b]

Are The speedo's that far off adubazn ?...Still 70ish with a UTV is fast.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are pretty fast stock but I ride the huge dunes of Glamis and the more power the better.
I love this picture clip, this is me against the " Best UTV made " RZRs. I have alot more to do to my machine but this is how it is the last time I took it out.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 8 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They are pretty fast stock but I ride the huge dunes of Glamis and the more power the better.
I love this picture clip, this is me against the " Best UTV made " RZRs. I have alot more to do to my machine but this is how it is the last time I took it out.

[/b]

It's no comparo...I drove the new 850 popo the power don't impress me at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the best part is when we raced stock to stock they where pretty much even untill above 55mph or more

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adubaz @ Nov 9 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the best part is when we raced stock to stock they where pretty much even untill above 55mph or more[/b]

Now that is interesting...When I drove the 850 popo thats where I found It was

lacking on the bottom end...Both my Can Am and T-Cat would eat it on takeoff. I dunno

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the thundercat and prowler have the same clutching and that is why mine was so weak off the line being that I would only rev to around 5200-5500 rpm so I could not even get into the power

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Our cams are good for a solid 8 hp at the crank. YOU WILL NEED THE PCV TO PROPERLY MAP FOR THESE CAMS WE AHVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE ANY OTHER CONTROLLER WORK !!!!! There is a base map on our website.

Cams are in stock.

Hi-comp pistons 11:1 or 12:1 are also great mods for that machine. These add 8 hp as well.

Expect to make a clutching change with either of these parts added to your machine.

www.speedwerx.com

651-982-6020

1 - 13 of 13 Posts