Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas, mine had the pin come out and break the case. Cat don't offer the case. If i had the case and one spider gear i could rebuild mine for a spare.

·
Administrator
40,682 Posts
Get cat to warranty it

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get cat to warranty it
Already did! I want to fix my old one for a spare!!!! I know someone builds them for cat cause i had to wait like 60 days for there supplier to ship them to cat!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
just buy a used case or whole diff be cheaper anyway

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
I think you will find that it is manufactured by Kymco. I've attached a blow-up from a Kymco 700 ATV just for reference.
Wrong, of the kymco bikes wouldnt have arctic cat stamped on their diffs if they made them

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wrong, of the kymco bikes wouldnt have arctic cat stamped on their diffs if they made them
Don't follow what you mean here. The diffs are made by a outside source. If its kymco then it may be alot cheaper for parts!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Don't follow what you mean here. The diffs are made by a outside source. If its kymco then it may be alot cheaper for parts!
the maker of the diffs is NOT kymco....If it were they wouldnt have a diff in their own bikes with arctic cat`s name stamped on the side of them..it would say kymco. Arctic cat supplies kymco with the diffs in exchange for engines

Proofs in the pudding...half way down this link. Pretty silly if they made the diffs to sport arctic cats name on it..crap even the actuator is straight cat with their name on it

http://www.cyclepedia.com/kymco-uxv-500-4x4-side-side-online-service-manual/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just about every Arctic Cat diff part bag I have looked at says, "Country of Origin: TW" That's Taiwan. Do you really think it could ever be cost effective to build diffs in the US, ship them to Taiwan to install in Kymco ATVs and UXVs, and them ship them back here. Not likely.

And as for the name thing, many of the small A-C ATVs have components on them that are stamped Kymco in plain sight.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the maker of the diffs is NOT kymco....If it were they wouldnt have a diff in their own bikes with arctic cat`s name stamped on the side of them..it would say kymco. Arctic cat supplies kymco with the diffs in exchange for engines

Proofs in the pudding...half way down this link. Pretty silly if they made the diffs to sport arctic cats name on it..crap even the actuator is straight cat with their name on it

KYMCO UXV 500 4X4 Side X Side Online Service Manual - Motorcycle Repair Manuals, Online Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Specifications & Troubleshooting at Cyclepedia Press LLC
Don't want to get in a pissing match , but when cat replaced my front diff, they had to wait for a shipment to be built and sent from there supplier! I was dealing directly with cat and that is what they said. The supplyier wouldn't ship just one they had to send a whole shipment of them! They must have come from over seas!THEY ARE OUTSOURCED to someone! Just who it is i don'tknow.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Just about every Arctic Cat diff part bag I have looked at says, "Country of Origin: TW" That's Taiwan. Do you really think it could ever be cost effective to build diffs in the US, ship them to Taiwan to install in Kymco ATVs and UXVs, and them ship them back here. Not likely.

And as for the name thing, many of the small A-C ATVs have components on them that are stamped Kymco in plain sight.
I never once said cat makes them...Its quite simple in the start kymco had no 4x4 atvs and then they came to an agreement with cat on motors and in tern traded diffs. I have no doubt they are built in tw but does not mean kymco built them if it did wouldnt they have kymco stamped on our diffs much like their engines in our frames do?

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Don't want to get in a pissing match , but when cat replaced my front diff, they had to wait for a shipment to be built and sent from there supplier! I was dealing directly with cat and that is what they said. The supplyier wouldn't ship just one they had to send a whole shipment of them! They must have come from over seas!THEY ARE OUTSOURCED to someone! Just who it is i don'tknow.
When did i say cat makes them? I didnt i simply said kymco doesnt chances are its not a atv company at all it will be an outsourced manufacture plant that builds cat diffs...then cat interns trades kymco their engines for cat diffs

Cats been using these diffs since 2004ish??? .... Kymco didnt even make atvs at that point so your telling me they made a diff for an atv they havent created yet and stamped cats name on it?

Also kymco doesnt use the same diffs in the rear as cat....again if they made them they would have access to the rear diffs as well and using them would be much more cost effective then creating another one all together for their own bikes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Believe it or not all the AC differentials are BUILT and shipped from St. Paul MN. The only "foriegn part is the front diff lock actuator. Still your best bet is to rebuild a used one. Cat one new will be very costly

·
Registered
18 Posts
No secret AC and Kymco work together. The cases are cast in TW for both the Kymco and the Arctic cat which is why Arctic is the name on the case. The company with the higher quantity sold gets the name unless the other company pays for it. The All of the Arctic's internals are forged and machined in St Paul MN and then put into the TW cases ensuring the AC differentials are stronger than the Kymco diffs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts