Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to get a snowmobile next year after i sell my 2000 Banshee this end of summer.

I am looking at 05 or 06 F7 Firecat. I am not sure which to buy, carbed or EFI version. i might go with Sno Pro due to i ride aggressive.

My local dealer has some 05 and 06 that hasnt been sold yet and some that are used with less than 1000 miles. they have 06 F7 Sno Pro EFI, and M7 EFI 162 for under 6000. i am looking for something under 6000 and low miles.

I like to ride in the ditch hard, trail ridding, and as well want someting fast on the lake since i live in north central MN, where there are lakes after lakes.

I dont know if the M7 will be any fun for my kind of ridding conditions.

I am also looking at other choices like skidoo mxz and polaris fusion or crossover. but i think i might choose a the F7 due to its elegant looks! I have been a polaris owner for several year, and ridden many skidoos, and yamahas. but never really got to ride a arctic cat very much, only a 95 EXT mt cat, and a 97 ZL440. so i am a bit worried about that if i buy a F7 and afraid that it will become a bad choice.

So be honest and whats the best choice for me and any other suggestions.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
F7's a great and fast sled for a stock 700, but not perfect in every aspect of the sled as you got to tinker and tweak to your likings/set-up on the handling part. Not here to bash any other brand of sleds. Best choice would be EFI and Sno-Pro package. Extremely pleased with the outcome as I've had two of them since 2004. I'd bet that you'd be a happy sledder if you choose to buy F7.

Good Luck,

AB :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
The f7 would be a good sled for the type of riding you described. As far as carb vs. efi, it's up to you, there are positives and negatives to each. Personally I like the efi but others may disagree. If you are planning on riding aggressive the sno pro package would probably be a good idea also.

·
Registered
795 Posts
From what you described of your riding, stay away from the M7.
And i personally love EFI, but if you like to tinker lots carbs are okay to.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am wondering which year F7 should i look at? I am considering either 05 or 06 but i keep finding a lot of 03 and 04's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarosh @ Jan 11 2007, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am wondering which year F7 should i look at? I am considering either 05 or 06 but i keep finding a lot of 03 and 04's.[/b]
honestly, get what you can afford, you will have fun on any of those machines.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarosh @ Jan 11 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am wondering which year F7 should i look at? I am considering either 05 or 06 but i keep finding a lot of 03 and 04's.[/b]
When the '03 Firecats came out...They've had their share of problems then '04 came out running superb. I'd like to think the same goes for '05 Diamond Drive causing so many belts blown. '06 turned out much better with the 10.4. :sure_ok:

Best by shopping around for prices and 600/700 sled you're looking for. If I was about to buy another at a limited budget price. I've seen one here in the classifieds on a Black '04 F6 EFI Sno-Pro with low miles for $4,400. chflagwv:

Happy Sled Shopping,

AB :yo_sup: :super_happy: Not worthy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 11 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarosh @ Jan 11 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the '03 Firecats came out...They've had their share of problems then '04 came out running superb. I'd like to think the same goes for '05 Diamond Drive causing so many belts blown. '06 turned out much better with the 10.4. :sure_ok:

Best by shopping around for prices and 600/700 sled you're looking for. If I was about to buy another at a limited budget price. I've seen one here in the classifieds on a Black '04 F6 EFI Sno-Pro with low miles for $4,400. chflagwv:

Happy Sled Shopping,

AB :yo_sup: :super_happy: Not worthy:
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, good point. I will look out for 04 or 06.

but the problem is that i keep finding a lot of black F7, i only want F7 not F6, and i want green one. I will have to keep looking around and hopefully my dealer will still have that 05 or 06 F7 by end of summer or beginning of Fall season.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarosh @ Jan 11 2007, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but the problem is that i keep finding a lot of black F7, i only want F7 not F6, and i want green one. I will have to keep looking around and hopefully my dealer will still have that 05 or 06 F7 by end of summer or beginning of Fall season.[/b]
Color is your choice...I'd go either Black or Green cuz Orange isn't my color. FYI, You wouldn't believe how much power and performance 600 engine produce out on the trails. They're as good as the 700 engines, but generally 15-20 HP less. I've rode a F6 myself and it sure doesn't feel much or any different from the F7 though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
464 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticBoy @ Jan 12 2007, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarosh @ Jan 11 2007, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but the problem is that i keep finding a lot of black F7, i only want F7 not F6, and i want green one. I will have to keep looking around and hopefully my dealer will still have that 05 or 06 F7 by end of summer or beginning of Fall season.[/b]
Color is your choice...I'd go either Black or Green cuz Orange isn't my color. FYI, You wouldn't believe how much power and performance 600 engine produce out on the trails. They're as good as the 700 engines, but generally 15-20 HP less. I've rode a F6 myself and it sure doesn't feel much or any different from the F7 though. :thumbsup:
[/b][/quote]

I have both and the F6 does keep right up, until over 85mph.

If you don't need to be in front, you might want to save the few hundred.

I personally like being up front (or maybe I just like creeping by when both sleds are at WOT) and think that you will never find an upgrade to your F6 that will give you 15-20 hp for a few hundred bucks.

By the 06F7 EFI if you can. The M7 won't have the right gearing for you on the fast trails (prolly tops out less than 100).

EFI is the way to go unless you plan on modifying the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts