Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried my decibel meter yesterday on my Diesel with turbocharger and gutted muffler vs my 700TRV with a Speedwerx muffler. Hmm, kinda surprised, while they both have way different sounds, at idle, they were both 73db at the position of my head. Exhaust on the Diesel was actually 1 or 2 db less! Diesel, however has a way cooler exhaust note. At wot, the Diesel is also quieter! I did add the "storage box" from a 700 TRV and put 2" of sound deadener in the box. I relocated the air intake to the old battery location when I did the turbo. Hated the factory Mann Hummel monstrosity. Here is an old pic showing my battery relocate (Yellow Top) and my modified stock muffler, gutted and bigger tip. Black was primer. You can see my intercooler in front of my radiator as well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
37,300 Posts
Nice!
Good to see you back J !

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Merv, long story, but I had a girlfriend for a while, haha. I did use my Diesel Cat a lot, though, hauling out logs! These things are tough as a bag of hammers!

·
Administrator
37,300 Posts
Good to hear you are back in the “saddle” so to speak!! Lol

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Merv, I knew you would say that! Haha, BTW, if the Corona Apocalypse gets too bad, you guys are welcome to stay with me! I probably can sneek you guys across the border, haha. Might have to ride Arctic Cats across, though. We won't starve though, Deer are very plentiful here!

·
Administrator
37,300 Posts
I’ll keep that in mind lol ! I would love to see your neck of the woods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts